sales threads - make me an offer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sales threads - make me an offer...

why are there so many threads in the sales section with under the price they write offers.... this is against the forum's classifieds rules... why are there so many like it??!
    same as ppl posting in both swaps only, and in sales, where again, it states this is agaisnt the rules, we're seeing the same thing being bumped multiple times, which fair enough is being done at the same time, so they arent clever enough to space it out by days, so they get a bump each day...

but seriously, why cant they just decide on a price and post where it should be

classified rules here
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Re: sales threads - make me an offer...

Sometimes it's hard to stick a price on something that's been modded to death. I for example have an M4 up for sale, but didn't want to overprice/underprice it, because what it's worth to me, might not be to someone else. I didn't realise this was against the rules however
    Originally posted by Artekus
    It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by westywesty84 View Post
      Sometimes it's hard to stick a price on something that's been modded to death. I for example have an M4 up for sale, but didn't want to overprice/underprice it, because what it's worth to me, might not be to someone else. I didn't realise this was against the rules however
      Thats why the appraisals section is there so you can try and get a ball park.

Comment

They might not know the valuation... but they can still give a number for what they want it for.

It saves people giving a genuine offer and being called "knobheads" and "timewasters" for trying to guess what the seller is hoping to part with it at.
        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

we just need to help out a bit more in the appraisals section... too many ppl asking for price advice and getting no answer....

althou some ppl should look through the appraisals section at past posts as ppl do get tired of saying the same thing over time and time again

Comment

DOH-oh yeah , forgot about the appraisal section
            Originally posted by Artekus
            It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

It's not always easy to price a secondhand item and make it desireable to perspective buyers.
              Carrying a ballpark figure but adding offers invited increases the chances of a sale and doesn't put off buyers if they think the price is frim,I didn't think it was against the rules and if it was I'm sure the mods would've picked it up..
              You could always ignore the threads if they vex you that much..

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                Thats why the appraisals section is there so you can try and get a ball park.
                Im going to disagree with you on this one...

I and other people have put stuff in the appraisals section and never get any replies for the ball park figure, which makes the section redundant
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Parky
                Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

All items should have a stated price, its in the rules, simple.
                  HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Teufelhunden View Post

I and other people have put stuff in the appraisals section and never get any replies for the ball park figure, which makes the section redundant
                    And what's to stop you in the meantime doing a bit of research into its worth yourself?

Not everyone has an idea of an items second hand value, or as has been said, sometimes things like M4s and L85s are put in the Appraisals section that often that users get fed up of giving the same valuation day in day out.

On a forum this big it only takes a few mins of searching to get a rough idea of how much your bog standard G&G M4 is worth.
                    Give it a try

Comment

More people get prices than not. Try doing some research like Tisane sugested.
                      Last edited by blytm; 29 April, 2012, 11:48. Reason: Ninja'd

Comment

Nothing to do with research at all, if you put something up for sale here you are narrowing your scope for instance my Spartan 2 vest I, fizzy and other collectors know how much its worth..400 plus...but I put it up for sale on here to sell at what YOU ( being the public on this forum) guys will pay for...don't tell me how to suck eggs
                        sigpic
                        Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

if you want a ballpark figure, then i suggest 75% of the original price....simples
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Nothing to do with research at all, if you put something up for sale here you are narrowing your scope for instance my Spartan 2 vest I, fizzy and other collectors know how much its worth..400 plus...but I put it up for sale on here to sell at what YOU ( being the public on this forum) guys will pay for...don't tell me how to suck eggs
                            its not about what ppl want to pay for it, appraisals are about what its worth....

if it was down to what ppl want to pay, everything on here would be £50

Comment

within reason...sorry :P
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bob86 Find out more about bob86
                              Working...
                              X