Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sights that cope with paralax?

Hi all.

I'm just if there are any cheaper sights such as Aimpoints/Eotech clones etc. that can cope with parallax?

I'm looking to put something on a P90.

Cheers.

Re: Sights that cope with paralax?

Aimpoints are pretty good for paralax.

Obviously, there's a little bit of difference, but they're pretty much on the mark.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi parallax does not occur in sights only in binoculars

Comment

I'm not sure what its called in that case, but the inaccuracy that stems from poorly aligning your eye with the sight.

I was sure that was parallax.

So, what's it called, and are there any cheaper sights that don't suffer from it?

Comment

Parralax happens on mainly zoom optics as mentioned above, like binoculars, and telescopic scopes, my M3 rep has aweful parralax on higher zoom levels, but Eotechs and aimpoints are designed to be paralax free for quick target aquisition.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by skullfish View Post
            I'm not sure what its called in that case, but the inaccuracy that stems from poorly aligning your eye with the sight.

I was sure that was parallax.

So, what's it called, and are there any cheaper sights that don't suffer from it?

That is paralax error mate you were correct.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You should be using an eotech or similar with both eyes open and not sighting down with one eye. I don't have any problems sighting mine but you do need to be consistent the way you look down the sight. at least thats what i have found with them. also bear in mind that eotechs are not designed for precision marksmanship. They are designed to be able to bring your weapon to bear quickly in poor lighting conditions
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skullfish Find out more about skullfish
              Working...
              X