Lipo advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo advice

Ok so I have a DE UMP running on a 9.6v 1600mah stick battery ( updated from the 8.4v it came with for better rof )

Now I'm a point spray and pray kinda guy... So I know lipo have better life etc do I go for a lipo twin of what I have or do I have to change voltages etc etc etc

Re: Lipo advice

To be honest i wouldnt go for a lipo unless i had to, which is what i had to do to get it to fit into my handguard.
    But i would stick with what youve got, less hassle lol.
    But thats my opinion, its up to you at the end of the day.
    Check out Humber Airsoft!. North Lincolnshire & East Riding Of Yorkshires largest dedicated outdoor airsoft site.
    www.humberairsoft.co.uk & on Facebook @ Humber Airsoft

sigpic

Comment

Lipos come in 7.4v or 11.1v - (and pretty much any multiple of 3.6) - you arent going to put an 11.1 in without spraying what used to be gears down your barrel/magazine well.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

a 7.4 would be fine but do not put a 11.1 in shredded my masad gear box in 2 seconds i use 11.1 in my systema as its had the mod for it but id personally say a 7.4 would be fine for you, but think about changing to lipos they need more care than standard batteries you woud need to buy new lipos and a charger and if you dont use them properly they die quickly
        free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

A 7.4v LiPo is around the equivalent of a 9.6v NiMh.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            A 7.4v LiPo is around the equivalent of a 9.6v NiMh.
            If £1 was given for charity for every time that sentence was typed on this forum, we could end world poverty.

Comment

I only use 11.1 Lipos and both my ICS m4 and M16 have has thousands of bb's through them, not a single problem. Some guns are built to handle them and some are not. Both my ICS gearbox's are pretty much standard though they have been shimmed perfectly. Lipos are not a 'hassel', you just have to make sure your gun can handle them.

Comment

To be fair I love my 9.6 but if you google the gun the battery fits in the end under the folding stock but had to remove the door to accommodate it. This isn't an issue with woodland but I want to do a bit of cqb and with the stock folded all the gubbins are exposed so want a shorter battery with a bit of meat to it so I can pop the door back on if I can find it lol

Comment

7.4 Li-po for sure. Quite simply the best thing I ever did was switch to Li-Po from NiMh
                  Better battery life, better cranking power, less weight.

IIRC the UMP takes a "stick" battery and you can see all the battery/wires etc, because a 9.6V is 1 cell longer than an 8.4v.
                  Li-Po's of these exist but remember that it's likely that you will have to also purchase a new charger to facilitate balance charging of Li-Po's other wise you risk over-charging and thusly, explosion/fire/death etc.
                  The IMAX B6 or Turnigy Accucel chargers are very good as well as their various clones/re-brands.

Another thing to think about is the actual dis-charge of the battery. If you get them too low they will die indefinitely and again, possibly catch fire. If your ROF starts to drop, you stop firing and replace the battery. Alternatively a li-po alarm will protect you but often are over-sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by BioSniper View Post
                    Li-Po's of these exist but remember that it's likely that you will have to also purchase a new charger to facilitate balance charging of Li-Po's other wise you risk over-charging and thusly, explosion/fire/death etc.
                    The IMAX B6 or Turnigy Accucel chargers are very good as well as their various clones/re-brands.

Another thing to think about is the actual dis-charge of the battery. If you get them too low they will die indefinitely and again, possibly catch fire. If your ROF starts to drop, you stop firing and replace the battery. Alternatively a li-po alarm will protect you but often are over-sensitive.
                    There is no 'likely' about it - you use a charger designed for lipos with lipos or you sheepishly explain to neighbours and friends about how overcharging your lipo burnt your house down*. I use a Lipo monitor and it's never done me wrong, I got one of the cheap ones that doesnt have an audible alarm, just an LED. Bought it when I bought the Lip & charger, the whole lot cost me about 25 quid (7.4v 1450mAh). As it's in the end of my M4 stock tube i can just glance down the tube and see the state of my battery

*this is most probably an exaggeration, you will definitely trash that shiny new lipo though....
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lockesley www.punishertacticalairsoftuk.blogspot.com Find out more about Lockesley
                    Working...
                    X