Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Bearings on piston head AND spring guide????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearings on piston head AND spring guide????

So most upgrade piston heads come with bearings as do upgrade spring guides, and i know bearings are there for smoother compression of the spring and prevent binding or whatever, im just wondering, is there any benefit in having them on your piston head as well as spring guide or is it fine just having then on the spring guide?
    Im asking as im thinking of a high speed build and bearings on the piston head will just make it heavier and im trying to loose weight off it.
    thanks

Re: Bearings on piston head AND spring guide????

if your going for speed dont get a bearing piston head just get a normal light weight one... its a very good idea to have a bearing spring guide though for the reasons you said.

Comment

So a brearing piston head as well as a bearing spring guide is pretty pointless?

Comment

I'd have thought so - I only have a bearing piston head in my gun at the moment and even just fitting that increased the ROF considerably over the stock head, simply because no energy was spent resisting the torque of the spring/the resulting friction. I guess if I were to upgrade again I'd probably swap the piston head for a standard one and stick a bearing spring guide in - the only advantage to having both is that your spring is more compressed, so you might expect to see slightly higher FPS.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
        Working...
        X