Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full face masks and sights

Hey guys,
    Due to the fact i am under 16 at my local site i have to use a full face mask, I have one of the ones that is mesh and covers your whole face, similar to a fencing mask.

Currently I am using a cm16 with a CQB rear sight (the sight part is the same as a standard carry handle part), i cannot get my head down to it because of the stock tube, so i cant aim. I'm currently looking at an eotech and wondering if im going to have the same issue.

Does anybody have any experience with it?

Thanks in advance,
    Arran

Re: Full face masks and sights

You can get a special mount that will allow you to mount a sight of you're choice onto the carry handle, this keeps the sight high so you should be able to look down it mate.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, ive seen them but not a fan of the way it looks with an eotech, its no real problem if the eotech is to low because i could just use an acog instead.

Arran

Comment

Yeh you can get risers for acog sights, zero one do a nice tri rail to replace the M4/16 carry handle.
        sigpic

Comment

Another issue is that with mesh you may see crosses from the mesh in the sight.
          I had this issue when I tried to aim it obliterated the view.
          Try before you buy...ask someone if you can look through theirs.

Comment

I always wear full face - the mesh goggle with the plastic face cover type.

I have optics on my rifle and find the shape of the mask allows me to still use them.

Iron sights can be a pain with a mask, if you must use your sights and it is within your means, switch to an optic of some description. In the safety of your own house you can experiment with stock position and eye relief (how far away from the sight your eye is) by moving the unit up and down the rifle.

Red dot / Eotech kid of sights lend themselves nicely to this as the picture is not distorted regardless of eye relief. Magnified optics have a sweet spot as far as eye relief is concerned and that can be a pain in the backside depending on what type of mask you have.

Comment

Thanks guys, ill ask somebody if i can have a go next time im at a game, hope fully i can get an eotech and if its not great i can get a riser,
              thanks for all the help
              Arran

Comment

Get an eotech, if it's not great get a generic ris riser, every shop and their mums is selling them around here
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I had this issue when I wear my Cactus Hobbies mask, I found a RIS riser solved the issue

Comment

Most acogs are high enough for full face. Got to think about eye relief however.
                    Would your site not allow you to use goggles (mesh or plastic) and a mesh lower half? Youll have much more choice if you can.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

arran-turner Find out more about arran-turner
                    Working...
                    X