Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 EBR range and accuracy concern

Hi everyone,

I have a G&G M14 EBR (short version). I downgraded the spring to a 1 Joule one to put it at 328fps, but I think I made a dumb mistake as it seems like I've lost a bit of range. I reckon I can only barely stretch 100 feet in distance. Does this sound bad? Especially if I plan to use the rifle at an out door site.

The FPS limit for the out door site is 350 (but have not stipulated that this must be achieved with .20g BBs), I think the stock spring clocked in at about 360fps with .20g BBs.

What would you suggest I do to keep the rifle below 350 but get decent range and accuracy, so that I can at least compete with some snipers?

I'm also fairly confused about BB weights, what's legal and pros & cons of different types.

Cheers for the help.

Re: M14 EBR range and accuracy concern

The FPS limit of 350 will be with .20g BBs, they are seen as the standard weight of bbs and should be the ones you use to chrono. Heavier BBs will have a lower FPS limit (but just use .2 ammo for your chrono sessions).

Is the hop set properly? That would affect your range.

Also, heavier bbs will tend to be more accurate as wind has less effect on heavier ammunition, but you will lose out on some range.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TeddyBearKing Find out more about TeddyBearKing
    Working...
    X