.20g or .25g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .20g or .25g

Sorry for all the trouble with the previous posts but I wanted to get as much info as possible thanks for all those that helped now onto the question I have decided to get a G&G cm16 Raider-L which i will be purchasing in a month or so and was wondering what weight bb's should I use either .20g or .25g, will the gun be ok with .25s and how much of a difference would it make in terms of range and accuracy ?

Thanks

Re: .20g or .25g

hi mate, i have a gg raider 16 xl. great gun i think. i'd suggest sticking with the .2's til you get used to it. the heavier ones are 'more accurate' in the snse that they will go in a straighter line with the hop up system tweaked properly. however, the lighter ones are a bit cheaper and do the same job over a little more distance. having said that, depending on the game you play, it's a personal choice

Comment

0.25gs will amost always be better and have a noticeable difference but i agree with the above in saying they are cheaper and if you are using your gun as a less accurate fully auto gun then its a waste of money, if you put a tightbore in or want to get some extra accuracy and range for a different style of play then go for 0.25gs. In my stock tm mp5k i use 0.2s just because it does not need to be very accurate and i use it in fully auto always, but in my m14 ebr which i use as a long range weopen i would never use any less than 0.25gs even though it is still 360fps and fully auto. So it depends on your style of play in my opinion.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Assuming your new to airsoft and this is your first gun I'd buy a bag of high quality .20 and use them all up. That way the gun has been broken in and you are familiar with the range and accuracy of it. Then if you feel your engaging targets at the guns maximum range stick to the .20 but if you arnt using the guns full range the .25 will be better as it has a flatter trajectory and Is less Affected by wind. Also you will have a better feel for how the Hop up performs and you can fine tune for more accurate shots.

Comment

.25s ARE better, if you have the gun setup right. Tbh just start with .2s, and after a few 1000 rounds, when you know how it shoots, swap to .25s then youll know how much better they are, and wont have a problem ajusting to them. But until you find your style of play stick to .2s,
          If you like to be the first person everywhere you probably wont need .25s
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

.25's are better in every respect as long as your gun is doing reasonable fps levels such as 290-300. I tested my TM M14 at 318fps with .20's it has a number of internal upgrades including a TB barrel. Using .25's I was getting about 10 foot extra range over .20's and the bb's were far more accurate and consistent as well as not being pushed off course as much in the wind. These are BB guns though and when you are talking 170 foot or so without lobbing shots at sensible fps levels, what more do you want?

Being a cheap skate, I do normally use quality .20's in most of my guns to be honest, ICS, Blaster, Excel etc. It's worth using .25's or above in gas guns though.

I know people who swear by .25's and yes they are better, I just don't worry too much about it. As long as the bb is a good brand, I never find myself outranged or outmatched anyway so will stick to what works for me.

Comment

As said by others depends on how you play and you're gun, I use .2 as I play in woodland but my scar is quite accurate. Alot of my team mates use .25 and I'm thinking of changing over, better groupings, better penetration though leaves I think is worg sacrificing for a few feet of range. If your playing cqb then I'd say use .2 as there would be no advantage of using .25's.
              sigpic

Comment

So for the g&g cm16 raider-l which shoots around 335fps, should I stick with .20s or .25s I will be playing in woodland and money doesn't matter too much do please help me decide

Cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by CQB-Man View Post
                  So for the g&g cm16 raider-l which shoots around 335fps, should I stick with .20s or .25s I will be playing in woodland and money doesn't matter too much do please help me decide

Cheers guys
                  0.25 or heavier

Comment

.25s go further. As they carry the energy for longer. So you atent sacrificing a few feet lol

Comment

How much would the fps drop if I used .25s

Comment

About 30. But fps means very little.
                        My m16 fires 328 on .2s, and 298 on .25s
                        But thats now got a near perfect airseal and varies by less than 1fps over 5 shots.

Comment

Would 300fps be ok for a gun then, would people know if they have been hit ? ( sorry I'm a total newbie at this ! )

Comment

Yes. The bbs carry the same muzzle force, only .25s hold onto it longer (so itll hurt more in theory)

Comment

I'm slightly confused about the fps because if it dropped 30 fps with .25s then surely it would hurt less ? Or not ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CQB-Man Find out more about CQB-Man
                              Working...
                              X