Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Loadout

Hi,

This is my initial setup for my first gun. I am looking at a G&G M4 as I have been advised that they are good by most people! But I need a battery and a charger, however I don't want to spend £30 on a battery if I don't have to so if anyone can find me a battery and a charger suitable for this gun under £30 I would be very grateful! Also, this is what I am looking at, can you tell me if there is anything you would or wouldn't get?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6076
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6374
    A Tracer unit either G&G or a TM Tracer unit (thoughts)
    Sig Sauer STL-300J Tactical Light / Grip (external link)
    And a red dot sight (ideas - I play like %95 CQB so take that into consideration)

Thanks

Re: Starter Loadout

Just sent you a pm, and I wouldn't bother with the tracer unit for now, their quite expensive for what it is and unless you know you're going to use it a lot its not the best thing to spend your money on - get another magazine instead.

Comment

Those Sig torches alone retail for over £200, and they are wicked, the strobe alone makes it worth the while. However good the torch, strobe is though its a little odd when mounted, takes some getting used to, because the torch is on the top of the handle rather than like the surefire m900 which is in front of the handle makes it feel strange when holding because your grip position is lower than the pistol grip of the gun, gives you a tipping action to counter it (as i found with the very brief experience i had with it), the grip is also very fat which i wasn't used to compared to the m900. Even though i do much CQB i would love to get a strobe just on how cool they are, (no idea how practical it is in games though or if you are even allowed them).

Comment

To add to that message i sent you, you NEED mini type batts (>1600) as large types dont fit.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Cant edit :/
          Id say get an ultrafire torch off ebay, about £15 and most have strobe functions...
          And for a dot sight, an EOTech clone is a solid bet. But dont skimp as the cheapest are horrific!
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

No point saving on the battery, you may as well look for the biggest mAh 8.4v mini battery you can afford as you'll get a more desirable ROF and mAh = Battery Life. Also, have you got eye/face protection and boots?
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Thanks for your PMs guys, I do like the links you sent me, I have to say I disagree about the Tracer unit, I have used one once at The Mall and it was AWESOME! But you are right they are expensive and may have to save up for one :P Birthday present! I am also looking for a tactical vest if anyone has any ideas?

Comment

And Proto no I don't have eye/face protection but would prefer full face to just tactical goggles

Comment

Then you may want to consider mesh v lens and wether you want full face or goggles/lower face mask combo.
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Your eyepro really ought to be the first thing that you buy; otherwise, the temptation is to buy a better gun which leaves less money. For CQB you really need the BEST in eye protection as it WILL be tested at very close range. Cheap ACM mesh can be shot through without much difficulty; in fact, I would discourage mesh altogether for CQB. Full-face protection is also to be encouraged, unless you really have a pathological hatred of your own teeth. That said, I find the mesh lower-facemasks to be uncomfortable around the nose (though in defence of mesh-lower-facemask manufacturers, I am Jewish) so try before you buy.

Like the others have said the tracer unit is awesome but not strictly necessary; probably best to wait on that one and instead sink some cash into a decent torch and/or a RDS. Bear in mind the RDS will also need protection to prevent it being shot out.

Originally posted by simpletom1986 View Post
                    Even though i do much CQB i would love to get a strobe just on how cool they are, (no idea how practical it is in games though or if you are even allowed them).
                    If you want to use a strobe, raise it with the organisers on the day before the briefing. They will ask if any of the other players are epileptic/otherwise susceptible to intense pulsed light; if they are, lasers and strobes will be banned. Never heard of anyone putting their hand up, though, so you should be fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TomG17 Find out more about TomG17
                    Working...
                    X