G&G AEG GR16 CQB-R Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G AEG GR16 CQB-R Worth it?

Hi guys thinking of buying this : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6098
    Is it worth the £300+ when bought with batts and stuff? Or is there a similar gun that is the same price and better? or even the same and cheaper?
    Has anyone had one and can give a review?
    I like the looks and style of this gun so that you know what I'm looking for.
    Last, has anyone got one for sale xD
    Thanks

Re: G&G AEG GR16 CQB-R Worh it?

You could always just get this - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5775

and put your own ris rails and foregrip on

I assume this is your first rifle?
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

I have an src g36c 2 tone (sprayed black since my UKARA came through) but I want something more exiting and modable
      And aint that one plastic?

Comment

Theyre not bad guns, but at £300+ there is better. As you dont realy get a huge amount for the cost. I dont see how it could possibly cost more than a full length m16 ris. But they are actually TR16s, which means higher QC and a ready shimmed gearbox.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Oh and no the GR16/TR16 is made of a magnesium Alloy. Very light and durable.

Comment

Cool I'v found a G&G TR16 commando (longer barrel mean better distance accuracy>?) for the same price that I fancy more than the above one

Comment

Barrels dont mean squat on AEGS as theres no gas expansion. Its all about looks.
              Take the G&G 6.05 out, replace with Madbull 6.03 and sorted
              Edit: which is why Mp5s are just as accurate as m4s. All about the hop!
              Still dont see why it costs like £30 more than the m16 Ris...

Comment

Re: G&G AEG GR16 CQB-R Worth it?

cool, so I can go for a smaller more mobile gun and still get the range and accuracy? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  Barrels dont mean squat on AEGS as theres no gas expansion. Its all about looks.
                  That's not very good advise is it... Barrel length is important up to a certain length. The longer barrel has more length for the BB to reach a consistent maximum velocity, which means less FPS variation. Also, a longer barrel has more length to steady the path of the BB, meaning greater accuracy. Also, the BB can usually reach the Terminal velocity (for the applied forces) in a longer barrel, as there is longer for the BB to be accelerated.

So actually, to a certain extent, the length of a barrel is quite important...
                  sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

Only up to about 300mm. I cant remember the exact figure. My 1911 outranges a lot of AEGS.

Comment

I brought my son a tr 16 with magpul stock and foregrip on it and payed 229 pounds for it new about a month and half ago .. 300 seems a lot of money for it and I got 2yr warranty as it a top tech gun !!

Comment

For AEG's, firing at 350fps, it's about 470mm barrel. Ofcourse, sniper's can have ridiculous barrels due to high velocities. To clarify, I wasn't saying barrel length is the only factor effecting performance, just that it's not true to say that it doesn't have any effect at all. I've got a Guarder TM Deagle that outranges most AEG's, but that is mostly down to the TM hop design, and not the barrel. There is a benefit for longer barrels, or everyone would be using things like http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5612 and we'd have no M16's or SR25's! And I'm sure you'll agree, the world's a better place when there are M16's in it!
                        sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reuben Find out more about Reuben
                        Working...
                        X