Loading a Five-Seven mag without a speed loader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading a Five-Seven mag without a speed loader

Thought i'd post this question here, as its advice i'm looking for.

I have a TM Five-Seven pistol, but as yet I do not have a speed loader for feeding the BB's into the top of the mags correctly.

The instructions seem to indicate that you can pull the spring in the mag down, and there is a way to feed the BB's into the side of the mag that way. Unfortunatley you have to be pretty strong to keep the spring down in the first place with only a finger nail and i've long given up trying to load the mag that way, as i've failed each and every time, or come away with ruined nails. haha

When you try to feed the BB's in through the hole in the top, they just jam at the top, and you then scratch/damage the BB to sin trying to get it down in the first place, which alas i've not succeeded.

Are there any Five Seven owners out there with any advice? Or do I pretty much need to wait until I get my speedloader before I can load the mags properly?

I've had my Five Seven about 8 weeks now, and it has yet to fire a single BB.

Cheers for any input.

Re: Loading a Five-Seven mag without a speed loader

I load my TM mags pulling the spring down, could never got a speed loader to do it right throught, the top of the mag the gap alway seemed a little to tight and was worried about forcing BB's through it.

Comment

I use both methods.

Manual, especially after I've filled Moscarts as there are loads loose but I also use my large TM speed loader (looks like a M4 mag). The adapter works quite well and the mag lips seemed to have eased a bit on my mags. You still have to do it carefully to make sure they stack properly.

I don't really think using a speed loader is any quicker, but I do find it easier using one when reloading in the field....in the pooring rain
      AdeUK

Comment

All Army Armaments guns come with a handy little tool that you can pull the spring back with and hold it down while the bb's are placed in to the mag. If you have any mates who have more than 1 AA pistols see if you can blag one
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

ive allways loaded my pistol magazines by hand, the spring are difficult to pull down yes but normally you only have to pull it down to get the first 3 or 4 roudns in - then you can just push the bbs in by hand untill you cant fit any more in

thats what i do and have done for years, never had a problem in any of the pistols ive owned over all these years
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

As with above, I pull the spring down all the way, and forget strong nails, I hardly have any!

Comment

yea i bite my nails so have NONE, shouldn't be THAT hard to pull down , just aches after holding it down for a bit - no pain no gain

also sometimes speedloaders dont fill the magazine properly - ie in the proper zig zag pattern which can lead to feeding problems and reduced the ammo you hold in the mag
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
                yea i bite my nails so have NONE, shouldn't be THAT hard to pull down , just aches after holding it down for a bit - no pain no gain

also sometimes speedloaders dont fill the magazine properly - ie in the proper zig zag pattern which can lead to feeding problems and reduced the ammo you hold in the mag
                I guess i'm just going to have to wait and get a speedloader. Its not that hard to hold the spring down....its keeping it down in the first place. There's not alot of grip so the spring shoots back up. Five Seven mags are such an effin pain!!!!

Comment

Sisko, it has to be said the 5/7's are a bit of a female dog to load...as the bb's get a little scraped, I find the best bet is to hold the spring down with your finger (or if youve done your nails in, then maybe a small screwdriver blade). Then instead of trying to feed bb's from the top of the bag, feed from the front side of the mag, rather than from above:

Forgive, the simplistic bit of paint shop pro-ing, I find the mags load easier from the front, as I found it extremely difficult to load from the top, I am assuming your having the same trouble.
                  Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                  There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                  sigpic

Comment

with most tm mags you can compress the spring all the way to the bottom and fill it from there, at least on my 226/m1911 they do.

Comment

Yes as I mentioned I fill both my 4.3 and 226 mags that way shame the didn't make a L shape slot like the ones on the cocking lever so it would lock back while you filled.

Comment

There is a hole 3/4 of the way down the 5/7 mag for exactly the purpose, that Alfer mentions...but its almost too small for bb's...hmmmmmm
                        Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                        There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                        sigpic

Comment

I pull the spring down slightly and push the bb's in from the front - this way you don't have to keep the spring held down all the way and pushing them in from the front is much easier
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sisko Find out more about Sisko
                          Working...
                          X