Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety ratings for goggles?

hello all.
    can anyone tell me the relevant standards for airsoft goggles?
    I'm currently using a set rated under EN166:2001 to "B" rating for impact (medium energy impact against high speed particles) for plinking
    is this up to skirmishing, or do I need somthing higher rated, an if so, what?

I'm going for goggles rather than full face, since I need to be able to fit it over my pescription glasses, and I've allways had problems with full face in that respect.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: Safety ratings for goggles?

well in regards to just glasses (thats all i know about) non of the usual sunglasses style ones have a saftey rating above 45m/s which is medium low impact.

I own a few sets of bolle glasses and some normal shooting glasses (clay pigeon use) and they all have the same rating. I can reasure you that ive been shot hundreds of times in the glasses and the worst outcomes are tiny scratches.

Comment

Re: Safety ratings for goggles?

If you want to check - and I can think of some very compelling reasons why you should - go to your site, and ask someone with a bolt-action (which will have the highest FPS) to shoot them at point-blank range a few times with their heaviest ammunition.

If you're really concerned - and I was, I quite like my eyes - Bollé's goggles (there are two types, of which you want the Tactical range) are the ones to get. They conform to NATO STANAG 2920 using test v50, and are rated to 220m/s (for the record, that is fully 26.2J; for a .2 airsoft BB to penetrate it it would have to be travelling at over 1,600fps, 200fps faster than a 9mm round from an M9). They're pretty comfortable and about £50 a pair; they have specially-designed lenses for glasses wearers, too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
      Working...
      X