two tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: two tone

What if they decide to accuse you of importing?

I'd cover my own arse if I was you and keep all your receipts. If nothing else, they would help if you lost a gun and had to claim it on your house insurance.

Now. there's a thought. If someone had a RIF from before VCRA and lost it, what would happen about getting a replacement on insurance if they weren't registered?
    sigpic

Comment

no need...

They CANNOT ask you for proof of when bought, and have no call to. The VCRB refers to all RIFS BOUGHT, MANUFACTURED, or SOLD. NOT owned..... ownership is not remotely against the law, or grey. Further of the thingys i mentioned is without reasonable defence....

Owning a rif without protection is fine
      owning a 2 tone is fine

these are not against the law.... the police can ask what they are, you tell them, done, over...

If they see one half sprayed... or a 2 tone sprayed... you may well need to proove you are a skirmisher.... or if they find one is 2 tone sprayed... just hope you have protection, or a lot of lube.

Comment

I'd be very carefull here if I was you. The wording of the VCRA (not the VCRB as you keep refering to it - that was the pre-Royal Assent bill through parliament and not the act in force) uses the wording of an absolute offence in relation to RIFs. This means that you have to show that you are not guilty and can rely on the defences given in the act, not that the police have to prove your guilt. You are assumed to be guilty until you can prove you are innocent.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
          no need...

They CANNOT ask you for proof of when bought, and have no call to. The VCRB refers to all RIFS BOUGHT, MANUFACTURED, or SOLD. NOT owned..... ownership is not remotely against the law, or grey. Further of the thingys i mentioned is without reasonable defence....

Owning a rif without protection is fine
          owning a 2 tone is fine
          Gotta say that was pretty much my interpretation. From what I can see, It only becomes an offence to own a RIF when it is being wielded in public. The VCRA appears to be mainly aimed at the retailers/suppliers rather than us the users.
          "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

I agree that the offence is to sell, import or manufacture and that pre-VCRA held RIFs are not covered.

But, to say that you don't need to prove your right to have them is trusting the police's judgement a little too much for my liking. If they accused you of importing (and you're not registered), how could you prove that you didn't import a gun that had actually been in your possession for years. At the very least, you'll lose it while they conduct the investigation.

What I suggested above was that playing safe and keeping receipts is safer than trusting your local plod to know the law in and out. After all, it's you who would be inconvenienced, not him, if they take away your toys!
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry if this is irrelevant, but im 15 and im starting airsoft, and my dad want to give me his Custom M4 which is an RIF. Could he actually do this legally? If it was a gift?

Thanks, Jack
              Current armoury:

G&P M4 Commando
              TM 1911

Comment

The law is badly worded really Jaack. It all refers to buying, selling and manufacturing. If it was truly a gift, or if it remained you dads, and you borrowed it every weekend, you'd be fine really. Ownership of a RIF/IF is not illegal for anyone.

Although the "jist" of the law is to remove realistic weapons from minors and non airsofters, it falls short of making ownership a crime.

Comment

Ok one mistake i feel i should correect here there are two parts of the act airsofters generally have to look at.

1. It is illegal to sell, manufactuer or import RIFs (put simply)
                  2. It is illegal for a minor (under 18) to buy a RIF

The airsofters defence, which anyone is entitled to as an airsofter, for arguements sake, let us say a member of an airsoft site which has PLI, defends us from the first section. That means for all the adults out there, happy days. However, under 18s can still become airsofters, and hence legally protected. I know that for instance, Xsite in High Wycomb allows anyone of skirmishable age (14+ i THINK) to become a member of its site. Why? Because regardless of age, they are defended from the first section of the act. Now although they still cannot buy RIFs, they are however, able to manufactuer them or import them, which means if an under 18 has a two tone and can legally prove he is an airsofter- for example the member of an airsoft site (pay attention to being a site member, not registered under UKARA, as UKARA has a seperate 18+ rule), this under can legally spray his two tone black and turn it into a RIF. He can also import, but this is literally, he goes to France and comes back with one, not ordering from Hong Kong.
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Ok then, thanks guys, that clears that up then. Basically, my dad is/was an airsofter and he decided to give me his M4 for christmas, and i was worried about taking it to a site.

So thanks, Jaack
                    Current armoury:

G&P M4 Commando
                    TM 1911

Comment

Not trying to start arguements, im just curious here but...

Registered to a site or not, can you not still buy parts for a RIF (as long as said parts aren't enough to make a working RIF)

So if the OP bought the parts he needed now (asuming he doesn't have a defence and must use 2 tone) technically he would be ok as long as he didn't fit them?

My feed back
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

My first question was how do I stand spraying my guns WHEN Tobe honest I dont like the look of the twotone items.

Also I did post ads for black parts my intention was to fit when I as allowed , I now own four guns all two tone. Now I seem to have three options

One......Keep twotone
                        Two......Spray some parts black
                        Three.....Buy black parts

Now Ive been on some sites and they seem happy to sell me option three even when displaying UKARA seller ???????
                        But there you go Ive still have two tone only as I dont want to get on the wrong side of airsoft and keep its good name.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Splitter Find out more about Splitter
                        Working...
                        X