Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

[Help!] Which G&G Combat Machine (~£120)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help!] Which G&G Combat Machine (~£120)?

Hey there, about to start airsofting. I want to know which of the following you'd recommend. I live in Essex so I'm guessing most of the skirmishes I go to will be woodland-based (AWA Herts, Billericay Skirmish), although I think I'd prefer urban if anyone knows of an urban site near Essex.

Anyway, here are all of the G&G Combat Machine rifles Zero One sells:

CM16 Carbine
    MP5 A4
    GR16 A2
    CM16 Raider
    CM16 Raider-L
    AK47

If you'd recommend a different starter AEG for around £100-150, please link (if on this site) or just give me a name if on a different site.

Thanks in advance!
    CM16 Carbine
    53.33%
    MP5 A4
    13.33%
    GR16 A2
    0.00%
    CM16 Raider
    13.33%
    CM16 Raider-L
    13.33%
    AK47
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Re: [Help!] Which G&G Combat Machine (~£120)?

Also, if anyone could link me/say the name of a nice cheap springer pistol for backyard plinking that'd be awesome.

Comment

"Pick the one you like the look of"©

They all (Other than the AK?) have the same gearbox, and I can pretty much guarantee they will all perform the same. Pick the one that looks prettiest to you.

If we're going personal opinion, I prefer the Raider.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

It's worth noting though that the MP5's barrel is shorter than all the others so there may be a bit of a grouping issue, and there's no long version to convert to should it prove an issue. (M4 -> M16 = easy enough)
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I've owned the G&G MP5A4, probably one of the best MP5's for the price as it uses nylon fiber and not shitty ABS. Gearbox wise, the V3 is better than the V2, but the shell of the V2 (the M4) is much more customisable with regards to grips, optics stocks, pistol grips, barrels, bodies etc.

Comment

Barrel length has very little effect on grouping(in airsoft), the bore of the barrel is more important.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
              I've owned the G&G MP5A4, probably one of the best MP5's for the price as it uses nylon fiber and not shitty ABS. Gearbox wise, the V3 is better than the V2, but the shell of the V2 (the M4) is much more customisable with regards to grips, optics stocks, pistol grips, barrels, bodies etc.
              Thanks, but I have no idea what you're talking about with V3 and V2. I didn't link an M4 either?

Originally posted by CK View Post
              "Pick the one you like the look of"©

They all (Other than the AK?) have the same gearbox, and I can pretty much guarantee they will all perform the same. Pick the one that looks prettiest to you.

If we're going personal opinion, I prefer the Raider.
              Great, thank you. I didn't know they'd all perform the same. If that's the case I prefer the looks of the CM16 Carbine, Raider and Raider-L.

Any response on the cheap backyard plinking springer pistol?

Comment

Originally posted by Meozy View Post
                Thanks, but I have no idea what you're talking about with V3 and V2. I didn't link an M4 either?
                V3 = AK47 / variants gearbox

V2 = Armalite, MP5 etc. gearbox.

The CM16, CM16 Raider and CM16 Raider-L are all M4s.

With regards to barrel, as said it has little to no effect on accuracy with AEGs. There is no expanding gases being released. Rather, a quantity of air being pushed through a small hole. This is one of the reasons barrel length means nothing - there's a few more though.

Comment

I'd go with Raider-L myself if I had to choose from above mentioned rifles.

Comment

Thanks, but I have no idea what you're talking about with V3 and V2.
                    V2 and V3 are revisions of gearbox design. I assume they were named sequentially, which I suppose makes TM's first AEG (the FAMAS) the V1. The V3, used in Kalashnikov-pattern weapons, is a more advanced design than the V2, used in AR-15-pattern weapons.

I didn't link an M4 either?
                    No, you linked three of them;

Any response on the cheap backyard plinking springer pistol?
                    Yeah, don't buy one. Your money would be better used saving for a decent GBB (something like a Tokyo Marui P226, or the new M9A1) both of which would be a decent sidearm to your rifle. If you absolutely must buy one (what are you going to do with one shot - commit suicide?) then Tokyo Marui's are by far the best. They aren't the cheapest but the difference here is £20 not £200.

Comment

I have the cm16 raider and love it, I have put a suppressor on mine and fitted a longer inner barrel to reach the end of the suppressor.

as others have said just go for the one you like the look of

Comment

out of them id personally go for the cm16 raider Long version, due to the rail system allowing you to mount torches, lasers and other accessories straight out of the box and then upgrade to a metal body in the future.
                        go with what you like the look off.
                        as for the springer, due to forum rules we cannot link you to any other airsoft retailer other then zero one.
                        Originally posted by FireKnife
                        Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Meozy Find out more about Meozy
                        Working...
                        X