JG Aug Steyr or Cyma cm0.28 AK 47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Aug Steyr or Cyma cm0.28 AK 47

Hello this will be my first AEG I buy after having a double eagle M47d2 and another handgun I cant remember the name of. I will be playing in mostly woodland so I would like range and accuracy. I also don't really care how moddable it is I just want a good gun, so should I get the Cyma cm0.28 AK47 or JG Aug Steyr?

Re: JG Aug Steyr or Cyma cm0.28 AK 47

I have a JG AUG and love it to pieces. Range is second to none with a pretty nice price tag on it. Very solid rifle, easy to carry, and more compact than an M4 despite the range.
    Although saying that I've heard good things about the Cyma AK but can't make a judgement on that myself.
    All I will say is the JG AUG is tried and tested by me and I find no flaws
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

I have several Rifs but only use my Augs.

i have tried nearly every make of main stream rifs and i have tried and sold on most types of gun now.

I use only JG Augs there awsome the only down side is the range of cosmetic upgrades is very small and the ones there are tend to be expensive, however internally its a generic v3 gearbox with a wierd trigger block bolted on the outside and there rock solid.

the other problem with augs is the mags tend to be a bit expensive unless you shop around, on the upside they will however fit in normal armalite type mag pouch but can be a bit tight.

i sold my first aug in favour of other things to my mate who is still playing it with no issues other than a slight drop in fps, but after nearly 4 years what do you expect at a min 5k per days play (he has a heavy trigger fingger).

i own 5 or 6 i think now see my pics

if your looking for a gun you dont need to mess about with and a gun that will perform well in every type of game then its augs all the way, with a 509 inner barrel as standard once you change the hop rubber there wonderful

if you want a gun you can pimp then get the ak tough how much pimping an ak can take i dont know.

Comment

its really down to you this one, as both guns are vastly different, in looks and use.

your going to get the guys who like aug's telling you to buy it, and the ak guys telling you to buy it.

if your wanting opinions tho, i'm on the CYMA team, the .28's are great reliable shooters, bit plastic... well infact all plastic, a complete clone of the TM so easy enough to get parts, upgrades etc, but these days for a few pounds more will get you a nice CYMA metal and wood ak.

Boris
        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Ok would you recommend the normal aug steyr or the aug tactical RIS, is there any internal difference? btw I use two tone guns not rif, cause I don't have a licence. Also what scope would you recommend, not too much as I only have around £30 for a scope or sight and thus im leaning more towards a red dot sight, thx for your help :D

Comment

ok pointblank.

internally there is little in it to be honest, some of the new ris versions have mosfet and apprently upgraded gear box and tight bore but the one i got is totally standard internally from new and there is nothing to tell between my old and new augs,

it does seem pot luck and with the price difference its swings and roundabouts at best you will get a riz exterior and maybe a mosfet of some sort fitted.

if you want the riz later its a very expensive prospect and i am yet to work out a good reason on my augs for it to be there other than it looking cool with the weight of my launcher it was far to heavy to make it functional even if it looked cool lol

i got a riz version after having a standard one for a while, i have yet to find any use for it other than it been a big chunk of metal to hold onto

it also depends on your build as the ris is a very heavy to lug about for realisticly no real use a lot of the time , i have 2 with ris and several without i tend to use the ones without.
            i would recommend at this point getting a standard one and putting extra money into mags and scope. for reference i am a 6'3" 15 stone medium to well built and by the end of a day lugging the aug3g round i tend to hurt.

scope wise its up to you really get the best you can in your budget its not a sniper so a minimum magnification will be fine. i use on average 3x most of the time.

boris is right though we are all biased

Comment

ok thank you for your help guys, I think ill go with the ak as I dont have the money for aug + scope. I also have gone with the ak 47 because of its reliability and its cheap to replace the parts, I also like how easy it is to mod just incase I ever get into modifying the gun. The final question is will I have to downgrade the spring at all because my local sites restriction is 350fps max on AEG's, btw ill be playing at ground zero woodland so will the ak47 be really good there? thanks for your help

Peter
              Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 December, 2009, 22:47.

Comment

final question will it be okay for my 350 max fps site and is it very accurate like the aug

Peter
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 December, 2009, 22:48.

Comment

Chinasoft fps varies. It would be between 330-370 probably. If you have the extras have the place your getting it from put a 1 joule spring in there, before sending it out, to be on the safe side. If you don't like the green you can always wrap it up in scrim net, as long as you put it on and remove it on-site

Comment

ok thanks and its apparantly very accurate so Ill definitely be getting it for Christmas. Thanks all you guys for your help.

Peter

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm going to make this comment:

Get the CYMA CM.046 if you're going to get an AK-47. It's got much better internals. I've had quite a few problems with the 28's in the past and unless it was just a bad batch, I'd say go for the AUG or get a more expensive AK.

Saw someone make the point on this forum the other week which said "in airsoft you get what you pay for" so ideally, save up that extra £20 odd quid and go for the slightly more expensive option.

Whilst you're saving up, you can be going to airsoft sites, getting your name down on registers and going through the process to qualify for an UKARA license. The no more bright coloured guns.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

gaffa has a very good point!!

though in the case of augs i would always buy JG rather than CA or TM variants but i rate JG as a make and hated my TM aug

Comment

I actually miss my CA Steyr AUG military now. I've held the JG version and the TM Civilian version and the quality on the CA is superior in most respects.

The only problem, with both guns in my opinion, is they're not the easiest to get the Gearbox out of. The AUG gearbox can be got at quickly, but is a pain to shake out and remove.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

the 0.28 is about 340fps, the ones i've had have never been higher than that. if you get a .46 you'll need to downgrade the spring, as they are hot.

Boris
                            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Gaffa I would do that but i need to get my gun in two tone and only the cm0.28 is available

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pointblank Find out more about Pointblank
                              Working...
                              X