D.M.R M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.M.R M4

I have an Ics m4 rifle and i want to use it as a DMR for woodland, i've only played urban and at woodland i found buy the time i saw ppl it was too late, I want to be able to out range them and hang back till i get better a spotting the enemy.

I've upgrade the spring its about 350 fps and put a 3-9 telescopic scope,
    i have a systema tight bore barrel on its way i dont want to go too hot on power so i can use it full auto will this work ?

Re: D.M.R M4

A tightbore will add 5-10fps, perhaps even a bit more depending on airseal quality etc.

So yes, it could and probably will take you above 350.

Comment

thanks for the help with the barrel

do you think it would give me an edge until i get better a spotting targets

Comment

As far as I'm aware a DMR is designed to allow a squad member to reach out that bit further and put down more accurate rounds towards the target in order to support the rest of the squad, so if you want a full auto aeg I'd suggest uping your M4 to about your site limit and accept you'll get better in time. Also ICS guns have the quick swap gear box correct? So changing power output should be fairly easy?

My DMR is an A&K SPR M4 running at about 405-410fps as my local allows semi auto aegs up to 400 (yes I know mine is a tad hot but with the 5% leeway I got mine cleared). IMO It depends on the site allowences as to whether its worth making a full fledged DMR as I traded the extra range for a much lower ROF but it was worth it as I can outrange 95% of the aegs on site. If your intended site allows higher fps on semi autos then I'd say go for semi auto otherwise keep the ability to have a decent ROF.

But that may just be me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
        Working...
        X