Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Guns advise needed

Hello All

New to the site and pretty new to Airsoft.

I will soon have my UKARA licence and will be looking to get kitted out.

My main rifle I want is a SCAR-L.

I have been looking at the WE SCAR GBB open bolt as I want the experience to be as real as possible or possibly a Tokyo Marui Scar-L with re-coil.

I know that they are only 30 rounds and that i would have to run Co2 mags in the scottish climate. But still not sure of the real reliability ? I own real guns including a semi auto shotgun which requires regular stripping and cleaning so not afraid of the work needed to keep it running smoothly.

The Side arm I am looking for is going to be a Glock 19 but dont have a clue what make to go for. As i understand they are all Gas powered?

Any help from expeirienced players would be great

Thanks

Thomas

Re: First Guns advise needed

So you've already been skirmishing with rental guns? That's a smart way to do it. As to the SCAR, it depends on what you want. If this is going to be your only primary (that is, your only long arm) then really you ought to get the TM, which is a very impressive piece of kit. This is because;
    1. If this is your only primary, you need it to work all the time - in all seasons, especially in Scotland - and you need it never to go wrong. That means AEG, not GBBR.
    2. You need it to be permitted everywhere that you play. A number of sites won't let you use GBBRs because of their inherent inconsistency.
    3. If this would be your first GBBR, you need an electric backup because it will take you time to learn how the GBBR works and needs to be maintained. Although knowledge of how real guns work is good, application to GBBRs is limited and application to AEGs is non-existent (though this shouldn't matter because the AEG shouldn't really go wrong in its warranty period).

That said, the TM is not perfect. It is expensive, the recoil is in the wrong direction, the correct magazines are expensive and the noise is still stupid, so it's still not nearly as good as a GBBR in terms of realism. If you want a GBBR, the WE is a good gun but needs some upgrade parts (mostly from RA-Tech, particularly for internal parts which are made of substandard magnesium/zinc ('pot') alloys). If you want to use it all the time, especially in Scotland, you might be best off modifying it to work via remote line (i.e., from an HPA tank that you keep in a pouch) that can feed either into individual magazines (cheap, simple, need to modify a few mags) or into the gun (expensive, complex, only need to modify the gun). An HPA-equipped gun will fire consistently in any weather, and in the long run be a lot cheaper than individual CO2 bulbs or propane. If you were going to get the WE, make sure to get either an HPA rig or a G&G SCAR to go with it; if you buy the AEG second-hand you might be able to get these combinations for the price of the TM and a few magazines new.

As to the Glock, TM's are the baseline so don't plan on spending less than it will cost for one of theirs. They are indeed all gas powered - in frigid Scottish weather either propane or propene gas powered - which is inserted into the individual magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhelmet4444 View Post
      hello all

new to the site and pretty new to airsoft.

I will soon have my ukara licence and will be looking to get kitted out.

My main rifle i want is a scar-l.

I have been looking at the we scar gbb open bolt as i want the experience to be as real as possible or possibly a tokyo marui scar-l with re-coil.

I know that they are only 30 rounds and that i would have to run co2 mags in the scottish climate. But still not sure of the real reliability ? I own real guns including a semi auto shotgun which requires regular stripping and cleaning so not afraid of the work needed to keep it running smoothly.

The side arm i am looking for is going to be a glock 19 but dont have a clue what make to go for. As i understand they are all gas powered?

Any help from expeirienced players would be great

thanks

thomas
      it's not a freaking licence!

Sigh ukara is a retailers association so you cannot join it, you will become a member of a site and get a retailer to stick you on the database of players which a UKARA retailer can access thereby verifying your able to purchase a RIF.

Welcome to airsoft, if your after a scar then there are a few choices available, the first most obvious getting the TM, I had one and was like meh the recoil is a cool little feature but as puresilver said it's annoying and click clacky.

The Gbb will be difficult because when you start you tend to have a spray and pray attitude and the mags are expensive and weighty unless your feel like your up to it and carring 7-10 mags around? so I'd say go for the TM since it's more reliable and out of the box the range is what you'd want out of a skirmish weapon however like the GBBr the mags are propreitary unless you get the mag adapter, which lets you run regular cheaper mags but at the cost of loosing the bolt lock so it's a catch 22.
      Last edited by TOBI; 3 June, 2012, 12:37.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Point taken on UKARA. I have a bit of trouble with it anyway since I have a real firearms licence and there is no cross-over between them but rules are rules.

I have been lucky enough to have a shot of both the WE and the TM and like them both.

I just cant make my mind up about it at all, money might come into it in the end up. I have been looking about and you can buy all the upgrade parts for the we which would hopefully improve the reliability.

Cheers

Comment

For the Glock 19 you've got a choice between the KWA/KSC and the KJW. I would recommend a TM but they don't do a 19/23 sized pistol, only the 17/18.

I'd recommend the KJW, mine's been running for over 4 years unupgraded on green gas and i've only ever had to replace 1 component! Its got TM clone internals so plenty of parts available if you need replacements/upgrades.

As for the longarm i'd suggest the TM recoil also, i've heard great things about them.

Comment

Also have a look at the real sword make of guns . All of them are top quality bits of kit need no upgrades / fire awesomely out of the box and hold their money when you come to sell them . Don't have blowback but make up by being absolutely top notch quality guns that you won't be able to break unless you drive over them ..

Comment

Just go for the TM next-gen scar-l if it's SCAR you're after, I personally own the RA-Tech lv2 scar-l (full steel internals with npas), really fun, hasn't failed at all yet and handles cool down surprisingly well (probably due to RA-tech's tuning, good nozzle seal), but if this is going to be your first gun, just go for something that works in all weather, and since you're into gbb, presumably due to its realism, then the next-gen scar is as close as it gets without the disadvantage of gas, functional bolt stop, with recoil simulation, and if you want, the mags have the option to go 30 rd capacity as well as the standard 82 with a flick of a switch under the magazine jacket, I own many GBBs due to its fun, but when it comes to games, unless it's cqb or milsim, I still stick to my AEGs, I own the next-gen sopmod for that reason.As for the SCAR, even Travis Haley approves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-rhGeG4#t=169s

As for GBB maintainance, you're a firearm owner, however it's not like that with airsoft, with a lot of GBB, it isn't about cleaning up deposits or checking for rust, when pot metal parts wear down, that's it, you can't fix it no matter how much oil you put on, the only way is to upgrade with steel parts made by third party companies, which usually cost a little, but even then, we still have o-rings drying up, either causing magazine leakage or reduce in the efficiency of the system if it's the nozzles, so while I am a huge fan of GBBs, it's never hassle free, I spent more money than the gun itself for my vfc mp5, or my woc m4, we scar or marushin mossberg, for me, they are mainly for the fun factor, first gun, TM bolt stop next-gen ebb is my recommendation.
              Last edited by blobface; 8 June, 2012, 22:17.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

darkhelmet4444 Find out more about darkhelmet4444
              Working...
              X