Best materials for a ghillie suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best materials for a ghillie suit

Hi guys. I intend to make my own ghillie suit, one that looks like this: http://www.ghilliesuits.com/newadvan...ujacket-1.aspx

I'm not sure where to start though. I need advice for where to start and what I need. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Best materials for a ghillie suit

Hessian is brilliant mate, you can buy it from your local pound shop or DIY store.

Comment

Hessian is the most commonly used material to achieve that however will take you a lot of time shredding the hessian

id buy a batch of pre shred hessian from ebay if your intending to do that
      Last edited by LtPurcy; 4 December, 2009, 16:52.

Comment

Go to the pound shop for the hessian..

Then what you do is (this takes ages)

Pull it apart into strands.. and basically bunch the strands up.. if that makes sense

Its massively time consuming, my ghillie took about a week every night after uni just sitting there messing about with it

Comment

On the description of that ghillie, it says stuff is sewn onto a nylon netting. Should I get some of that, sew it to a normal DPM jacket, then sew burlap and stuff onto it?

Comment

Yea a common technique is to buy netting and then attach it to a jacket of your choice and then tie the stuff on

1 and 1/4 inch netting i think you want

Comment

Ah. I'm having difficulty googling the right netting type, could you help me out please?

Comment

Yep no worries

ok netting wise you want to find 3/4" fish netting you will be able to find this at a fishing store most likely lol i didnt use netting i just used a Webtex concealment vest and bunged on strips of hessian and let the veggie do the work.

Comment

I have black netting if you want some, pm me your address and i'll send you some mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
                  Working...
                  X