Best AEG/EBB G36C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AEG/EBB G36C

As above really guys what is the best G36C going at the moment?

Currently considering the following -

Ares
    JG
    SRC
    TM second hand

Any others I should consider and what would you guys recommend?

I'll be using it for a mix of woodland and CQB with a budget of up to £200ish although would happily spend half that. It's also my first gun and will be purchased once I'm on the UKARA database.

Re: Best AEG/EBB G36C

If you can afford it, TM Recoil Shock G36s are awesome, but the finish to them isnt the best.

If your after something a bit cheaper, I'd highly reccomend the Ares/Umarex EBB G36 series. Much better externals than the TM, and although the blowback isnt as prominent, its still a very nice feature.

Comment

Go for a src gen3 g36 as it has the best internals only downside is no blowback . The ares gun is not good internally and they are not compatable with anything when it comes to repairs , the fire selectors give up on them , they also use a word mix of s&t gears and ares parts which are not the best quality . Jg are ok for the money and pretty hard wearing guns but would reccomend getting them shimmed up and decent grease put in the gearbox rather than the treacle they love to put in them from new . I own an src and an umarex and the better gun is the src all it needs is a new hop rubber and tightbore and it will be a v v good gun . Hope this helps mate ...

Comment

Yeah I think it's the Ares I want, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
          Go for a src gen3 g36 as it has the best internals only downside is no blowback . The ares gun is not good internally and they are not compatable with anything when it comes to repairs , the fire selectors give up on them , they also use a word mix of s&t gears and ares parts which are not the best quality . Jg are ok for the money and pretty hard wearing guns but would reccomend getting them shimmed up and decent grease put in the gearbox rather than the treacle they love to put in them from new . I own an src and an umarex and the better gun is the src all it needs is a new hop rubber and tightbore and it will be a v v good gun . Hope this helps mate ...
          I wouldnt agree that that Ares G36s are rubbish but thats just me. I owned one for 2 years and the only issue I had was having to buy a new hop rubber, and that was my fault! And I dont know where you have heard that they are not compatible with anything because they definately are...gearbox is a standard V3 that can take standard V3 parts, and externally the dimensions are the same as a WE or SRC.

Comment

I own an ares g 36 c and it has been apart so many times and replaced twice under warranty that it's a joke . Gears in them are stamped s& t and absolutely crap fire selector is always breaking / hop is crap . Just a genuine waste of time this gun !!! My friend has the same and has got compression issues and the same fire selector problems and we have 2 more in the shop exactly the same problems . Was good to start with and after 4months the problems come thick an fast . I brought an src gen 3 for my son at same time and not one issue with it . Still going strong

Comment

I've got a Umarex/Ares G36k and to be honest its one of the best if not the best G36 made I've had it over 2 years and the only problem I had with it was the motor height was wrong and it would'nt cycle right other than that its great..... range is as good as the TM the blowback gives a good tick to it.The gears I replaced not because they broke but because I was upgrading it which to be honest you don't really need to do ,version 3 gears didnt fit it ,version 2 do tho so I replaced them with G&G gears and piston,SRC are good but suffer with hop up problems and feed issues.

Comment

I've got the SRC G36 KSK. It fires every time and i have been using it pretty much every skirmish (with deans and 9.4 lipo) for the last four months. I have nine other rifles ( inc TM M4 Socom. ICS SIG 551lb, G&G FNC, CA HK33e RS Type 56 blah blah blah) each has its appeal but i really enjoy using this one. Well worth the money. Can't find fault with it.

Comment

Very tempted with the SRC as well to be honest, my mate has one and I used one in my game on Sunday as a hire gun and got on well with it.

Comment

The shame about the ares is that I wanted this gun so badly when it first came out that I didn't do my homework properly on it . The externals and trades are brilliant , best of the bunch . But the trouble is the usual ares problems . Pissed off that I paid so much 239 pounds for something that looks good but Dosnt work as it should . The src was 130 pounds and is a hundred times better internally , I admit the trades are crap , ie refeer to owner on it . The first ares g36 I got had compression problems from new . My shop examined it and found a shim stuck between the piston and cylinder which had scored it . Was sent back for replacement under warranty. The next replacement the motor burned out in two weeks , so had a new one fitted , then the trigger contacts caused problems. Replaced! Then gun started firing auto bursts whilst in semi. New selector fitted by shop. Then the motor failed again and gun was replaced under warranty yet again. The new one lasted 4 months and has the same fire selector problem yet again and a loss of compression yet again! The gun is at moment jammed in auto no matter what fire mode is selected. Am trying to get a refund as the warranty has now ended and ares are not interested at all. As you can all see I am not coating a gun off on hearsay I have actually had to go through it with this gun!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info, I think the SRC is the way forward as the main thing I am looking for is reliability, I have absolutely no interest in pulling guns apart to fix them!

Another bonus of getting an SRC is the airsoft shop 5 minutes drive from me sells them and they have been good to me when I've been in there knowing I have no intention of buying. Even let me shoot some of the guns in their range!

Comment

Good for you chap, friend of mine has the G36 - SRC, fed up with him waffling on about how good it has been tbh, almost wish it would pack up for at least one day. Every single game, off it goes, rain or shine, always consistant, never seems to have had a single issue with it. He's planning a new hop rubber and tb soon. Would never admit it to him, but its a good un.
                        Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Black Templar View Post
                          Good for you chap, friend of mine has the G36 - SRC, fed up with him waffling on about how good it has been tbh, almost wish it would pack up for at least one day. Every single game, off it goes, rain or shine, always consistant, never seems to have had a single issue with it. He's planning a new hop rubber and tb soon. Would never admit it to him, but its a good un.
                          I have heard a lot of people mention they turn from good guns to incredible guns with upgraded hop rubber and TB, how much would the upgrades cost roughly and what are the actual benefits?

Comment

New hop rubber will give a better spin on the bb so accuracy will be a little better than norm, tb will add to that and you should get a little more range out of it also. he's now got the bits I'll ask him how much they cost, they could well be on Z1 store I would think, have a look see! He's gone madbull for both I think he said.
                            Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                            Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Have done the tb and guarder clear hop on my sons src made it a lot more accurate and the groupings are not bad at all . The one and only gripe with the src is to make sure you thread lock the little grub screws on the fire selector switch as they shake loose and fallout otherwise . Also make sure you get one with a gen 3 gearbox , the gen two are ok but they really went to town on the gen3 box , nearly everything in it is already to upgrade spec !!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X