Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good lightweight jacket for British weather

Hi guys,

i'm after a good lightweight (showerproof or rain proof) jacket to use in England from spring to autumn. Problem is the soft-shells one i have, are often too warm for the current temperatures (they are excellent in winter though), and normal BDU jacket is useless since get soaked immediately.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks
    Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Re: Good lightweight jacket for British weather

i use a regatta packaway 2 as a breathable and waterproof top layer for airsofting or other outdoor activities. basically its just an outer shell, no thermal properties at all (other than keeping u dry !)

cheap, most i ever paid for one was £16, often find em on sale in places like millets or oswald bailey, blacks etc

even though these jackets seem lightweight and potentially flimsy i have yet to really damage one whilst airsofting, and i do occasionally crawl through the woods on knees and elbows.. not so great against thorns tho but like anything, a bit of gaffer tape and its fixed..

they are tiny when packed away in their own stuff sack and mine have never let me down keeping me dry, i have 3 now stashed in different places.. 1 in the car, 1 with my airsoft gear, 1 in the house

Comment

Have you tried buying a new dpm or mtp combat jacket? Out the packet they're incredibly waterproof, just don't wash them too much or they lose it.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

I use an old DPM goretex jacket, had it about six years now after I bought it for cadets. Unfortunately it doesn't correspond well with my loadout but I feel my new combat "shirt" is waterproof, it has a hood.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, i'll have a look at your suggestions.
          Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

I have the standard Helikon soft shell which is very thin.

It is perfect for light showers and it's fast drying too. It will wet out in heavier weather but I usually have a goretex jacket with me too.

It has a hood and pit zips plus Velcro for patches and arm pockets. It works well for me.
            Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
            Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marcov Born in Italy - 50 years old Find out more about Marcov
            Working...
            X