Recommend me a motor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me a motor!

not a complete list and abit old but; (not mine)

TM EG700 Motor
    23,154 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,251 Torgue G.cm

TM EG1000 Motor
    27,552 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,407 Torgue G.cm

CA High Torque Motor
    27,515 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,845 Torgue G.cm

CA High Speed Motor
    30,154 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,485 Torgue G.cm

ICS Turbo 2000 Motor
    29,714 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,490 Torgue G.cm

ICS Turbo 3000 Motor
    26,628 RPM @ 9.6V
    2,708 Torgue G.cm

Systema "Genuine" Motor
    29,825 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,699 Torgue G.cm

Systema "Hi-Speed" Motor
    37,400 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,915 Torgue G.cm

Systema "Hi-Torque" Motor
    32,302 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,932 Torgue G.cm

Systema "Super Hi-Torque" Motor
    34,787 RPM @ 9.6V
    1,998 Torgue G.cm

Systema Magnum Motor
    34,845 RPM @ 9.6V
    3,254 Torgue G.cm

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
      Interesting, thanks.

What exactly is shimming?
      Putting small washers on the gears to adjust how smoothly the gears turn.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Putting small washers on the gears to adjust how smoothly the gears turn.
        Thank you

Comment

And also how they mesh and sit in the gearbox, it's a crucial skill to learn for GB maintenance, there are a huge amount of guides around on YouTube and mechbox.com, the latter I'm sure many will agree is the handiest website to have to hand.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'll check mechbox.com out, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              Most gear failure is down to poor shimming and motor hight adjustment.
              Pistons can strip not due to poor shimming of other gears but just shear use. My CA M15A4 would do 25 RPS on an 8.4v 3300mah battery. It lasted a year until the piston eventually stripped.

I'd personally say that a lot of the Chinese neodymium motors are better for what you get. X-Hightech are a prime example. Their motor is cheap as chips but outperforms my G&P M120 and CA High Torque motor.

Both high torque and high speed put strain on the gears, high torque motors also put a larger strain on the gears when it is pulling back a large spring (say, 400FPS+). That said, I wouldn't put a high torque motor or high speed motor in a Dboys or ACM gun (their gears are usually zinc pieces of shit). A standard SHS gearset should be able to deal with any, or most motors.

Comment

I did say most, not all. You wore out a piston in a year with a relatively slow ROF gun?
                Should have lasted longer, angle of engagement might well have been wrong, which is also a common failure point.
                I've only recently changed my gears to high speed gears, the old gears had been in the gun for 2 and a half years and show no signs of wear, the bearings failed however which they do, the only reason I stripped a piston was because the AOE was out and it ripped the back off, that's what you get with using an 11.1 lipo on a gearbox not setup for it.
                However the piston that replaced it (all plastic) has no signs of wear after a fair old hard time.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've got one of the "tubro" motors on the way at the moment ... But I still can't decide which of my AEG's to put it in .. AGM Scar-L (3 years old and still stock internals) or CA Proline MP5A4 (2 years old, also stock internals).
                  AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

stick it in your proline, it should have a gearbox n internals that could take it
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Systema turbo motor and gearbox upgraded to an m110 spring + 9.6v
                      (piston in the turbo gearbox has a shorter throw for increased rate of fire, so with a m110 it is 1J basically)

Did it to mine about 4 years ago and it has never failed (or failed to turn heads)

Comment

gives me 30 rounds per sec (on the standard m100 spring) it's a real bb hose, like shooting 2 or 3 guns at someone

also, with a motor + gearbox combo you shouldnt have to worry about things breaking. They are all uprated and made for each other.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DCRISP07 Find out more about DCRISP07
                        Working...
                        X