Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Use Camo Tape

Hiya people,

im 16 years old and thinking of buying a (2 tone gun) but i dont like the colour and i would wish to change it.

Can i use camo tape to cover up the the blue .

Many thanks

Ricky

Re: Can I Use Camo Tape

Only if you put it on when you get too site. Jack Pyke do a tape that does not leave a resadue and you can put it on onff as many times as you like.
    MM stock it mate

Comment

Been looking at that stuff for my sniper rifle, but dont know how good it is.
      (Non two tone) so if anyone can let me know either way, if its crap Ill just krylon it using the technique used in Shooter, with the leaves and the like.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Mate its fantastic I get the stuff I you dont like I will buy it off you

Comment

if you dont like sorry typo

Comment

Agreed. Ill give it a go, its not that expensive either.
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Its very good I got it by mistake at first after camo tape but none in stock.
              This stuff is very good and just roll it back and start again

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advice mate. Its appreciated.

Comment

As far as the VCR goes, I belive the correct answer to the question should not involve camo tape at all but rather be "a RIF, two tone (IF as opposed to RIF) or otherwise may not be purchased by anyone under the age of 18, regardless of any specific defence associated". You'd have to have it bought for you.

Aside, yes camo tape is pretty good. Its a cheap way to change the color of a gun in a non permanant manner. Its particularly good for covering barrels on sniper rifles, because it works well on the rounded surface and does not scratch like paint.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
                    As far as the VCR goes, I belive the correct answer to the question should not involve camo tape at all but rather be "a RIF, two tone (IF as opposed to RIF) or otherwise may not be purchased by anyone under the age of 18, regardless of any specific defence associated". You'd have to have it bought for you.

Aside, yes camo tape is pretty good. Its a cheap way to change the color of a gun in a non permanant manner. Its particularly good for covering barrels on sniper rifles, because it works well on the rounded surface and does not scratch like paint.
                    Would camo tape come under this, as its none permanent and can be removed in seconds, so its not really a full mod, It doesnt effect me but more the original poster, as hes 16.

Comment

If your sight does a junior ukara lisence grab one of them then you have a defence and can spray the gun. However the juinior lisence doesn't mean you can buy a RIF.

Comment

I do think it would be fine to use camo tape on a two-tone gun. Since the tape is removable (in some instances 'reusable'y so...), I doubt it'd count as modification really. That's just my interpretation though, so probably not best to take as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Krayzee View Post
                          If your sight does a junior ukara lisence grab one of them then you have a defence and can spray the gun. However the juinior lisence doesn't mean you can buy a RIF.
                          Is there even such a thing? It just sounds like a scheme being run at a specific site to me.

If he's 16 he can't buy one anyway. He could have someone buy one for him sure. I think you can use the tape but it can only be put on while you are at your site and must be removed before you leave your site.

My feed back
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

On the point of the Camo Tape, its great stuff but be careful. It sticks to itself like theres no tommorow so when you take it off dont put it in a pile.

As i found out

Comment

As stated before Jack pyke self cling tape. On off easy no marks and get from MM
                              simpiles

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barrett 1993 Find out more about Barrett 1993
                              Working...
                              X