Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Tone question

Hey there,
    I got a quick question about two tone, Basically i've seen an Orang two tone cheap m4, Not sure of the brand but it wont be a proper skirmish-use as its only £20. I only really wanna get it to get a feel for the shape as if i get properly into skirmishing i'll probably get a JG M4, Plus i can have a mess around with me mates :D

My question is, Could i get some paint and change the orange parts of the gun into a lime colour? I dont mind the look of the lime but i cant stand the orange so it'll still be two tone, Just not too unbearible (Sp?)
    Might sound really stupid question, But hey, Dont ask, Dont know.

Sorry if this has already been asked, I had a quick search around but didnt find.

Cheers, Chev.

Re: Two Tone question

first off welcom and i do hope you like airsofting.
    with your question as far as what i know about the law (people feal free to corct me) but the only time you are braking the law is if you spry the gun a realistic colour i.e. black, so i dont think youl brake any laws making it green, because the law says if your not a regasterd airsofter (UKARA and the like) the gun has to be over 51% a non realistic colour
    i may be rong so if i am ples dont shout at me this is just what i understand of the law
    Originally posted by Stones
    true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, it's only illegal to manufacture a RIF under the VCRA, so simply changing the colour from one glaringly bright colour to another wouldn't come under manufacture. You're turning a two-tone... into a two-tone.

Comment

Ah right, cheers for the replies fellas.
        I know it sounds like a stupid question, But i wanted to be on the safe side, Instead of getting slapped with a fine or anything.

Cheers, Chev.

Comment

The VCRA specifies what colours are legal and, you'll be glad to know, "bright green" is one of them. As it doesn't give an exact tone, then, you should be all right with a bright lime green. Just make sure there is no way it could be mistaken for a cam paint job.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeh thats what i ment.

Comment

Its just ive seen the consequences when someones painted there 2 tone a new 2 tone but it turns like that and they've been arrested by th police :0

Comment

Way to set the fear of god into me, mate

If i actually get it, Which is not all that likely, I'll make sure its bright lime green.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post

Its just ive seen the consequences when someones painted there 2 tone a new 2 tone but it turns like that and they've been arrested by th police :0
                  Care to explain?

As far as I am aware, nobody anywhere has yet to face prosecution for conversion of a two tone.

This would be a test case on the subject, and therefore I'd expect to have seen some coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkycHUNKY View Post

Been arrested? I seriously doubt that, like the police will care if someone paints a two tone another legal two tone colour! If someone painted a two tone black, they would likely only get a slap on the wrist and the RIF in question confiscated if it was their first offence. They have real crimes to worry about, not that someone has painted a bright airsoft rifle another bright colour!!!!!! I'm not endorsing painting two tones black, lets get that straight, but if you go a bright two tone to another bright two tone who cares.

There are people with black RIFS as well that were purchased prior to Oct 07 and thats legal too. Police aren't about to go around and search peoples houses to find people with converted two tones and old RIFS with proof of purchse or else!!! Hell, if your house gets smashed into they haven't even got time to look into that, they just file a report and that's it. A friend of mine got stabbed through the chest with a steak knife and his lung scared a few years back, the guy got of with a caution and community service for his first offence!

OP, I wouldn't personally worry at all mate, paint it whatever recommended 'bright' colour you like.

The only time you might get into trouble is if you went to a site, some loser found out that had nothing better to do and reported you if it was a bright non UKARA compliant colour.

Besides everyone seems to think UKARA is the be all and end all, be registered with UKARA or face immediate DEATH! It's called the united kingdom airsoft RETAILERS association for a reason, it's a way for retailers to save their ass and prove they are selling to a skirmisher. If the retailer can prove that the person plays airsoft without them being a UKARA registered person then it doesn't matter it's still all good as well.

Some people take this a little too far and give non registered people a hard time because they feel they can. Chances are 99% of people here themselves bought RIFS years ago and still have them way before UKARA. It's prejudice against people who are genuinly interested in our sport.

Yes it protects our sport, and yes it helps to filter out people with unfavorible motives, and yes it stops immature people from getting their hands on a replica airsoft weapon, but lets be honest, how many people are on the news for shooting someone with an airsoft rifle? If someone wants to shoot someone they will get a real gun from the street.

Anyway, all that off my chest, I'm not having a go at regular sensible members, I do support UKARA, but people who scare monger newbies and have nothing better to do need to STFU tbh.

Cheers,
                    Weapons of Choice:
                    G&G SOC-16
                    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                    JG - AK47 tactical
                    VFC Scar - L
                    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SilentChev Find out more about SilentChev
                    Working...