Warrior Ricas vs Ricas Compact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Ricas vs Ricas Compact?

Hi guys, I should be buying a new plate carrier before Ai500, and I've been looking at the Warrior Ricas range. What are the main differences between the Original and the Compact, and does anyone have any experience with one (or both) of these?
    sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Re: Warrior Ricas vs Ricas Compact?

I recently bought the fully loaded original one in OD.

Insanely good quality and well worth the money! You won't hear a bad word said about Warrior Assault Systems.

Comment

The difference between the two is just size.

If your a short a**e skinny little sod then the compact is the way to go, while not having the Molle real estate that the full one has it won't look like a tent on you if you are of a smaller frame.

If (like me) your a 6ft tall tubby old hector then the full in either medium or large is the way to go, this will not only help to cover up the old spare tyre but give you a little more Molle space.

Comment

What Tisane said isn't true.

The main factor between the two is that the compact sits higher than the original, i'm 6ft and take L/XL clothes and the bottom of the vest is around about my belly button meaning that you can comfortable sit and crouch in it without it resting on your legs and hiking up off your shoulders. I personally MUCH prefer the compact as it gives me greater freedom of movement, also as your carrying the weight in your upper back i find you don't end up with a bad back when you eventually taking it off, i carry 6 PTW steel mags, a BFG, 2 police impact grenades, a utility pouch with blanks etc, a radio, and a hydration carrier and it doesn't leave me aching as much as a normal full size one would as my back isn't locked into one position forcing me to move solely at the waist.

Comment

No, Tisane is correct. The reason it sits higher, is because it has one less row of molle loops. So it's a shorter rig over all.

Comment

Any Warrior stuff is GREAT. I am a WAS whore and the only pouches i will use that are not WAS are ones they dont make.

I have had both vests but currently run the compact. I am knee high to a garden gnome so it sits nice on me, allowing me to still squat or sit without it hitting my thighs.

I carry:
            4 - 7 CTW mags on the front depending on game
            3 - 4 pistol mags on my left hip
            2 empty grenade pouches on my right hip... not empty for much longer hopefully!
            Glock in a Serpa on my chest
            Radio on my back

It is all very comfortable and can be worn virtually 24hrs a day without concern.

Comment

i also run the compact, is a great rig and fits realy nicely on me (only 5f10) but never had any problems with movement. you can fit plenty on it, but if you need more space, its short enough that you can add a molle belt rig undernethe (which is what i do)
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TobyRoberts My name is spelt T-O-B-Y.... That's all your getting.. Find out more about TobyRoberts
              Working...
              X