Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui High Cycle and Lipo 7.4v

Hi guys,

I have an MP5, TM HC, and I was wondering if I could use the 7.4v Lipo instead of the standard 8.4v NiMH battery.
    I saw other threads in this forum suggesting not to use a 9.6v NiMH but I'm not sure how the 7.4 compares with the 9.6.
    Would be too much of stress for the gun?

Thanks
    Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Re: Tokyo Marui High Cycle and Lipo 7.4v

You seem to be working a little to closely with absolutes.

Inevitably, using a more powerful battery is going to put more stress on the system overall. Its not all that much of a jump for a Marui, which are famously reliable, but as you already know, it will indeed wear everything down quicker - if only for the mere fact that using a 9.6v will increase your ROF and therefore amount of rounds fired.

However, if preserving the integrity of the gun was the only factor at play then clearly the best option would be to run a 0.0v Lipo and run around shouting 'bang'.

So, as ever with these questions, its entirely upto you whether you start using a battery with a higher output than a standard mini 8.4v.

On the other hand, I can be slightly more productive and tell you own anecdotal evidence.

I have been using an 11.1v Lipo (albeit a relatively small 15A discharge rated one) in my TM MP5 HC for a year now. The only thing its had put in was a reinforced guarder piston - and that was only precautionary, not necessary.

Comment

I saw a video from another famous retailer using all the batteries right up to a 10.8, they however didn't show the 11.1.
      A 7.4 should be no issue, bearing in mind a 7.4 20C sits between a 8.4v and a 9.6v for output.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
        Yeas I reason by absolutes it's a simple matematichal/filosophical formula

9.6v=Bad for HC
        9.6v=7.4v
        7.4v=Bad for HC

I'm not after an even higher rate of fire just trying to understand if will be safe or not using the lipo. I'll try a bit and see how the gun reacts.
        Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

The 9.6 will run easily in a high cycle.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks that's good to know, I understand it may wear the gearbox faster but i was told never to put one since it will be really bad for it.
            Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

Of course it will wear faster, as does not servicing it, getting it wet, the amount of extra wear and tear will be negligible at worst.

Comment

are you a spray and pray player? or do you use mostly single shot, or a majority of single,with a few bursts here and there?

if you answered yes to the 2nd or 3 rd question, you shouldnt have any problems...
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Semi auto also adds excess wear and tear onto an AEG.

Comment

7.4v lipo will be fine, just bung it in there and see how it goes, if it doesn't destroy itself you know it'll be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                      Thanks for the info guys.
                      Yeas I reason by absolutes it's a simple matematichal/filosophical formula
                      Its not simple at all.

Your MP5 HC could run for the next 6 years with no issues for 300,000 rnds, or it could die tomorrow.

You putting a 9.6v battery or higher in there won't change that - what you're changing is the relative likelihood of it dying tomorrow.

Everybody and his mum has had a gun that just kept chugging - mine being my TM AK47. It ran for the best part of 400,000 rnds before I sold it and all that time it was using a large type 10.8v Nimh battery.

Comment

Originally posted by amorris View Post
                        7.4v lipo will be fine, just bung it in there and see how it goes, if it doesn't destroy itself you know it'll be OK.
                        Wow, just as helpful here as the other 2 threads!
                        I'm in awe of your attitude towards everyone. It sucks, end of.

The MP5 gets about 24-25rps on an 8.4, with a 9.6 or 7.4v you might get to the 27-28rps, 30 at an utter push.

Comment

I also have a high cycle, but let's be honest... It out shoots the majority of other aeg's (rps that is!) is there really much point in putting a 9.6v or a 7.4 lipo just to get the rps up by a couple of shots and is it really worth risking damaging your gun...

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                            I also have a high cycle, but let's be honest... It out shoots the majority of other aeg's (rps that is!) is there really much point in putting a 9.6v or a 7.4 lipo just to get the rps up by a couple of shots and is it really worth risking damaging your gun...
                            As I mentioned above "I'm not after an even higher rate of fire just trying to understand if will be safe or not using the lipo". I have few lipo's for my other guns and it's just for practicality. Also it fits much better in the cramped mp5 handguard.
                            Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

Bare in mind that spring rate is primarily responsible for piston timing, the HC series cycle 3 teeth less than full stroke and the fps is lower as a result. A shorter stroke alone does not mean it will handle crazy battery packs to sustain high rates of fire. It is also important to remember that the sector gear is still made of that poor cast zinc alloy, and although they are 13.6:1 sets with steel bushings, they will not stand up anywhere near close to the durability of their steel equivalents when the intended load is increased.
                              The motor is also a high speed type, and paired with that low ratio set is always looking for more current, high drain rate lipos will provide this more so than a comparable large type NI-MH pack, so I'm these particular setups you're likely to see more from a 7.4 Lipo than you would a large 9.6v. Either way, it would be entirely at your own risk.
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marcov Born in Italy - 50 years old Find out more about Marcov
                              Working...
                              X