Soon to be new player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be new player.

Hi,im another paintball convert.Played it for fifteen years,five years pro with Evolution-X,Shades of Gray and a short stint with Iron Wolf.Havnt played anything for five years now but would love to get into air soft.Im going to try it at Ground Zero very soon with two other friends and if I get the same buzz as I did from p balling im going to be hooked in a big way as will the other two.Cant wait to go.Any advise for a first timer?

Thanks.

Martin.:D

Re: Soon to be new player.

Hi,

I recently came over from paintballing, and the lack of greasy paint and curving balls is a welcome change I can tell you!

The games seem a lot more tactical and military-esq which is fantastic.

You also can't beat holding and using what resembles your favorite rifles in a propper skirmish rather than another monstrosity with a huge tank and a fat hopper!

I've played a few games in the past but not that many, I went last week and it was great, doesn't hurt as much as PB woodsball or speedball, the force of impact is significantly less, although when very close up still expect broken skin (although most places do the tap rule).

Grab yourself some gear and get stuck in mate, I guarantee it won't disapoint!
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

Again I came away from paintball GZ woodland all day game not reverse the field.
      Drop in and out as you like with loads of objectives or urban live out your swat dreams but its much better.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.Want to go even more now.Not till the early part of Jan though, Dow.It sounds right up my street.I do miss the pro p balling and all my mates but im looking forward to a new sport and new mates.Thanks guys.

Comment

It might be an idea to go to Urban (sopley) first if you're used to being in constant contact. Woodland is easily my favourite, but there are periods when you're sneaking/working out what to do next which doesn't involve as much adrenaline and speed, might be a bit of a shock if you've come from paintball. But I guess it's been 5 years since you've been so maybe you'll get used to it quickly .

Comment

Good idea.Thanks for thinking that way.I was a little worried about will it be enough for me.I think it will be ok cos I have a lower back problem that needs another opp so I dont want anything to full on anymore.Ye it will take a little while to get used to it but im looking forward to it.Il prob do urban a little later depending on the back.Used to go to Greenham Comman for fun days when not doing tournies,b 4 they pulled it down.Airsoft was held there to.Shame its gone.

Thanks again for the idea.

Martin.

Comment

jaffers, i have a dodgy knee, bad ankle and my fitness levels are not what they used to be, but i get a lot out of airsoft, more than i actually did paintballing.
              ratty
              Trader Feedback.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Alright mate, welcome to the world of airsoft! and wave your money goodbye!
                I have you have a good overdraft as you will be using it alot, im always buying new kit then say right thats everything i need now... but then i see a bargain and just have to get it.. like those 203 nades i had to have them as i have a launcher but no nades! I HAD TO!

Airsoft in my experience doesent hurt anything like what paintball did when i went ( but that was a few years ago )
                its much better aswel and you can take on different roles, i'e you could go and get fit doing all the running about alot of us rifleman and scouts do, then you could do alot less like the snipers lay back and wait :D

Good luck mate you will love it! any questions just ask people! all the soting games i'v been to people are so friendly and helpful!

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Originally posted by jaffers View Post
                  I think it will be ok cos I have a lower back problem that needs another opp
                  If you're heading down to GZ woodland then I would take it easy in the bushes, I spend pretty much my whole day in there and by the end my back is quite painful - and I'm not exactly old hehe.

Woodland does get as fast paced as urban, if not more (because sometimes you can't see who's shooting at you), but it is definitely a lot more spaced out through the day and less constant.
                  If you don't enjoy your first time it may be that you havn't got into it yet, one of my mates has been three times and he said that he gradually enjoyed it more when he felt himself improving.

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughts and advise.Seems you guys are very friendly.I dont miss the crap that used to go on at pro level.I feel at home already.

Comment

I know this will open up a can of worms but what would be an avrg ammo usage for a days playing using ie an M4?Ive only got figures in my head for p balling,sorry to quote the pb word again.

Comment

Depends if you fire wildly with full auto or use controlled semi auto shots. I rarely use more than 500 - 800 but others may reach the 2000's. bags come in 5000ish (depending on what you get) so they should last you a skirmish, maybe two.

Comment

Ok ta that gives me a good idea as to usage.

Comment

In PB I used 1000 balls per day cost £30 + pounds 5000 bb cost under a tenner so eat your heart out and use what you want.

Comment

It's loads cheaper mate in respect of the actual day, BUT and this is a HUGE BUT, you will get addicted to buying gear very quickly, in that respect it will cost a lot more, but it depends, you don't have to go out and buy everything straight away if you have good self control lol.

Ammo is much much cheaper, last outing I was semi - auto most of the day picking my shots and only firing when i needed to unless I was providing cover. I don't like giving away my position and wasting shots on things I can't see. I used < 500 shots I suppose including target practice on the firng range.

A Bag of 5000 high quality is around 9 on site.

As for the back thing, I keep very low whenever I am moving and contact may be close (to the point my legs are only a little over 90 degrees), but this is my play style, equally a lot of people run around upright to cover, yours no doubt will be different again, but as with pantballing you will find a style that suits you.
                              Weapons of Choice:
                              G&G SOC-16
                              Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                              JG - AK47 tactical
                              VFC Scar - L
                              Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jaffers Find out more about jaffers
                              Working...
                              X