Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AK

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a AK, it'll be my first AK rifle. Which ones should I be looking at?

Is the Cyma one any good?

Re: New AK

Cyma are highly regarded for AKs, just choose the style you like, personally I'd go for the AKS74U as it's short with a folding stock so good for a variety of situation with a sexy metal body
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I've always ran Marui or Classic Army AKs but after seeing my mates CYMA i'd go there every time now.

I'm planning on buying a CYMA 74s myself, personally I wouldn't buy a 'u' if you're interested in doing impressions/loadouts as they were really only for tank crew.

The folding stock 74s is probably the most useful as it was originally the paratrooper and SF version but found its way into regular units quite quickly.

AK74 and AK74s are very prolific and ideal for any post 1980 loadout

AK47 and AK47s are awesome if you're doing vietnam stuff

AKM and AKMs are nice inbetweeners.. while in the real world they *should* have been phased out of soviet units by 1980, even up to chechnya some units were pulling old AKMs out of the armouries for the sheer stopping power.

Of course if you're not interested in a themed loadout then they are all pretty much the same

Cosmetically the 74 type have plasticy black, plum or tan mags traditionally (and usually come out the box with these) whereas the 47 and AKM use the classic 'banana' type ribbed metal mags. Again this is only important if you care about the look of things.

Comment

Thanks Guys, wasn't sure about Cyma, but it all looks good.

I noticed that the price of them has gone up loads in recent years, why is that?

Comment

Harder to get..

Being Chinese and Airsoft being Illawful in China, it's to pay the extra bribes to government officials etc :p

In short, extended Q.A, more compliant with ROHS Regulations, Inflation..any of these things make Cymas more expensive.

Comment

Cyma are regarded as fantastic AKs and they are. Their internals are brilliant, the range they can get is stupid as well compared to most other AEGs, my friend has a stock Cyma AK47 that will close to meet the range of one of my friends upgraded sniper rifles, it just doesn't have the energy behind it.

Comment

Cyma = Best Budget AK

Real Sword = Best Expensive AK

Both are absolutely fantastic guns, and my last Cyma never missed a beat.
              sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

Kalash (dboys)make great AK's in the same budget as cyma, they are clones of VFC
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by TobyRoberts View Post
                  Cyma = Best Budget AK

Real Sword = Best Expensive AK

Both are absolutely fantastic guns, and my last Cyma never missed a beat.
                  Woah son, you're forgetting LCT. They can easily rival RS with regards to quality of their internals and even more so externals. Having held both and shot both, they are indeed on par with each other. LCT wins it for me because an AK-74M looks sexier than a T56.

CYMA are great, but mainly in their CM04X range. The gears in the CM028 are somewhat... lacking. I did a spring change on my spets and some of the teeth had managed to get snapped off the sector gear within the space of it arriving brand new from a shop, being shot twice then being opened up. Blame user error? I did the same spring change in my CM048B without a problem.

The 04X range have really nice gears and high torque motors as standard. My AK-74 has incredibly good trigger reponse, even on an 8.4v 1100 mAh battery.

Comment

Its partly due to the fact that the 04 range are cloned off VFC as I understand it. Always wanted a 045a but they are as rare as rocking horse poo now.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Agree with the above. Cyma AKs are amazing once you look at the ones cloned from the VFCs rather than the TMs. Rock solid constuction, fantastic rof and if you don't mess with it internally they seem to just run forever. Can't recommend them highly enough, since i got mine i'm never going back to the m4.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
                        Woah son, you're forgetting LCT. They can easily rival RS with regards to quality of their internals and even more so externals. Having held both and shot both, they are indeed on par with each other. LCT wins it for me because an AK-74M looks sexier than a T56.

CYMA are great, but mainly in their CM04X range. The gears in the CM028 are somewhat... lacking. I did a spring change on my spets and some of the teeth had managed to get snapped off the sector gear within the space of it arriving brand new from a shop, being shot twice then being opened up. Blame user error? I did the same spring change in my CM048B without a problem.

The 04X range have really nice gears and high torque motors as standard. My AK-74 has incredibly good trigger reponse, even on an 8.4v 1100 mAh battery.
                        Having owned both Real Sword and LCT I will say that LCT kicks Real Sword's ass. Much better overall in my opinion, no proprietory mag system, nicer finish on the externals, much more variety in varients available and cost less than the Real Swords.

Comment

marui recoil, all the fun of a GBB without the gas isues.

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                            Having owned both Real Sword and LCT I will say that LCT kicks Real Sword's ass. Much better overall in my opinion, no proprietory mag system, nicer finish on the externals, much more variety in varients available and cost less than the Real Swords.
                            how can a LCT have a nicer finish on the externals,when the RS is made from the same materials/same factory as the real steel?
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Just playing devils here but it did say 'nicer' rather than 'more realistic'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amorris Find out more about amorris
                              Working...
                              X