ares g36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ares g36

ok, i really didnt wanna post a "WAT GUN IZ GUD" thread, but since youtube and most of google has come up blank...here goes.

has anybody here used the ares g36 (the full length version)?
    i've pretty much set my heart on getting one, so unless theres no major issues with it, i'll probably get it.

so, whats good with it? whats bad? what upgrades are a must, and what can wait?

cheeers...
    kip

Re: ares g36

It's a clone of the CA version, complete with quick change spring. The material used is the same as the real steel (nylon fibre) rather than the ABS that TM use.

I've wanted one for ages, and will probably get one at some point, so looked into them in detail. I had a play with one at the weekender and was really impressed.
    sigpic

Comment

hmm cheers, glad to know it impressed somebody enough..

i think i'll get one. then i can get a c-mag for it and take up a support role if need be.

Comment

If it's the one with the Dual optic in the carry handle, I had a go with one last week. Lovely feeling gun, and the Red dot worked quite well, but as always with G36's, the magnification scope was a complete let down.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
          the magnification scope was a complete let down.
          i've heard that everywhere i've found a review for any of the g36 variants using it.

so i'll be ordering a standard G36c rail for it when i do come to get the gun.

Comment

Its not so much the magnification but the eye relief that is poor. If your after a mg36 look at the new src models come with all the bits you need for the mg.
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 15 December, 2009, 18:02.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
            Working...
            X