yet another eye protection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another eye protection thread

Right, i know theres a lot of these threads, i've looked through quite a few. However i still am unsure what to do.

I have a pair of EB Mesh goggles, i used them in my first game, and i was really struggling to see players out at the distance. (I am short sighted too) So i found i struggled when trying to spot players, i was thinking about swapping them out to some goggles or glasses, now i know these will steam up (i swapped out for some goggles at the game and they steamed up as soon as i put them on) and well i've been looking at a few options, either, stick with the mesh goggles, or buy some ESS v12's or ICE's or even some heroshark mesh ones (Looks like they have bigger holes). I just want to know what you guys think i should do, or if theres any good alternatives, i do get very warm so i can see steaming up being a real problem, also i have around £30 to use.

Re: yet another eye protection thread

I used my ESS V12's for the first time this weekend, I removed all the foam from the top and bottom as recommended to do on here and they were absolutely faultless, they steamed up slightly when standing still however on the move and standing still for under 5 minutes and they were absolutely brilliant.

Comment

We'll ill be sniping too, so standing/laying still will be my thing haha

Comment

In which case mesh is your only option IMO.

Comment

What about the ICE styled glasses? Surely they'll have better airflow?

Comment

I'm short sighted and use ices, you can get the rx prescription inserts which are awesome. No steaming issues at all even when humid.
            Originally posted by Walter Gropius
            If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

How much you reckon it is to get the lens' made? I'm not super short sighted so im sure i could get a cheap pair of glasses with the lenses in and then just pop them out, or does it have to be custom?

Comment

The rx are a wire frame insert that clips over a special nosepiece (included with the insert) you need to hand the insert, glasses and nosepiece assembled to an optician with your prescription in order for them to get your measurements right (they in all likelihood will have no measurement data for ess products). If you don't do this they will probably end up being optically inferior to your bare blinkers...
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Oh and I paid 70 quid which included an anti glare coating.

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
                    I used my ESS V12's for the first time this weekend, I removed all the foam from the top and bottom as recommended to do on here and they were absolutely faultless, they steamed up slightly when standing still however on the move and standing still for under 5 minutes and they were absolutely brilliant.
                    I did this too a while ago as my ESS's would steam up if it was a hot day and i was sweating or if it was humid. They havent steamed up at all since and I played up at POW scotland on the one mega hot sunday we had this year!! it was about 25°C

Comment

Wow thats pretty expensive! hmm, im tempted to try some heroshark goggles

Comment

Well thats to get the lenses made, why don't you get some ices (not that expensive) and then eventually save up for the inserts and lenses?

Oh and the inserts also fit in ess goggles...which is handy...

Comment

I just bought the V12's im gonna give them a shot, if i fog up, im gonna mod them with some small fans inside, then maybe try some sort of insert if it doesnt help my vision at all

Comment

well you said you used the search function,if you had typed in "prescription" you will see that i have mention on at least two occasions an online company that can make your prescription lens for v12s and similar for around £10-£15
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i have v12's havnt tried them out yet tho, but last time i played i used my oakley radars... they were awsome probably the best glasses ive used and they wrap around and cover your eyes really well, and on the upside you can get new lenses nose pieces ect easy and to whatever style you like!
                              Mitch

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bengreen Find out more about bengreen
                              Working...
                              X