Paying for guns via PayPal, secure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for guns via PayPal, secure?

So I'm about to pay for a gun via PayPal, should trouble arrive, as in the gun doesn't arrive, is it as simple as just pressing a button back for my money?

-Jackson

You have to raise a claim then slog it out in the resolution centre and be patient, it can take anything up to a month as you want to make sure everything is written down if thy don't respond as you escalate ull get your money bak but like I say PayPal like u to work it out through talking

Comment

Re: Paying for guns via PayPal, secure?

PayPal won't have anything to do with guns IIRC. By that I mean if something does go wrong you are not supported by them.

I'm sure someone will confirm this but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Comment

DO NOT GIFT IT!!!

You will def not have any come back if the money is gifted.

For paypal and fire arms please see: (hope it is ok to link)

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...rInstance=9008
        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
          PayPal won't have anything to do with guns IIRC. By that I mean if something does go wrong you are not supported by them.

Wrooong. They care about the buyer and no one else. First hand experience. Some moron (names won't be mentioned, but look on my feedback) tried to sell a glock that was completely f*cked up. I hadn't used it in 14 or so days as it arrived the day I went on holiday. He claimed this meant I couldn't get my money back. But I did, it's either 30 or 45 days you can raise a dispute. He tried loads of BS saying I'd had it altered etc etc but it hadn't. In the end I was refunded and sent it back.

Oh, not to mention the abusive PMs, he also said he was 13 too so I asked for a phone number or if he would call me. He didn't. Shame there's morons like this who are allowed to trade.
          Last edited by RedHawk; 18 July, 2012, 12:25.

Comment

DOUBLE POST FAIL!
            TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

As long as it was not gifted paypal will support you with buying airsoft guns as stated in their Help section.

Other Related Items – PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post

I can confirm this, had an issue with a transaction and although you can buy/sell RIF's via PayPal, you get ZERO protection and they won't help.

Comment

Buy from trusted sellers...........with tons of positive feedbacks.

Paypal is pro buyer as someone mentioned, experience it first hand as well.

Ordered a G&P Machine Gun, forgot its model, long time ago.

The AEG was a total wreck, like someone smashed it to pieces.

Paypal was very supportive all the way and got 100% refund from a HK internet shop.

Comment

I just wanna share again my recent experience when buying airsoft abroad using paypal, I paid $330(Including P&P) for a G&P Magpul at one of the HK internet retail shops last July 3, and the shop was kinda lazy to ship my items, and I dispute my case at paypal's resolution center and I got all my full refund today, so don't listen to hearsays who doesn't have experience and don't know what they're talkin' about. And this is my second one in span of 5-6 years.

They do help you..............

Nuff said!

Comment

They do help, had an issue last year with a gun, informed paypal from the off what it was along with being a frequent player, ukara number and all that so they knew I took it seriously and played the game. took a bit of time and going backwards and forwards and all sorted in the end though.
                      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

i've had three occasions where i've needed to dispute from sellers on this forum, 2 airsoft guns and 1 phone. Each time you just go through the normal processes and if you supply a decent amount of evidence for your case your laughing! as mentioned above paypal backs the buyer MASSIVELY compared to the seller. So much so that once, as a seller, someone (on this forum again!) tried to pull a fast one on me and it was VERY difficult for me to prove that the guy was making stuff up, finally caught him when he made an incorrect reference to the dates he was making up and he then backed down!
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Good to hear they DO intact help with RUF purchases that go wrong.

Perhaps they've changed their previous policy or it could even be a case of who is dealing with your dispute...

Comment

Try and buy from trusted people off here as well

As someone who sells quite a bit on here my feedback is something i take extremely seriously. I even ask people to check it out before buying stuff so they know im genuine and will do what I can to help people out.

If you can go and view the gun

I should be doing that 2morrow, it means travelling an hour but when someone comes on the forum and is selling something very cheap you have to protect yourself (first post is selling the gun lol)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JacksonB Find out more about JacksonB
                            Working...
                            X