Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM M4 GBB Vs. WE M4 GBB

hi
    im looking at geting a GBB M4 and id like the know the good and bad points of the WE M4 and the AGM M4 (and will the AGM M4 take C02 upgrades)

thanks
    Originally posted by Stones
    true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Re: AGM M4 GBB Vs. WE M4 GBB

Originally posted by the guru View Post
    hi
    im looking at geting a GBB M4 and id like the know the good and bad points of the WE M4 and the AGM M4 (and will the AGM M4 take C02 upgrades)

thanks
    WA does not have a CO2 upgrade path. If it did you'd very likely need to replace a lot of (stock) internals since they are not as strong as WE steel (stock) internals.
    Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

currently the agm doesnt take co2 either. but agm was apparently working on it before the shutdown.

the two guns are pretty much identical as the agm is basicaly a cloned WA and in personal experience is much sturdier internaly. eg, the wa charging handles are very light and feel quite flimsy, whereas the agm's is thick set, solid and weighty.

upgrades wise they take pretty muchthe same parts, and the agm's 50rd mags are heavy but very well put together. i have had 6 of them for bout 4 months and have never had an issue with mag leaks and the like. they are running off abbey ultra gas which gives me a very nice 330fps even on a cold day.

id say go for the agm. same gun less money and it gives you more cash to spend on upgrades ect

Comment

Personally I'd say to go for the WE... I own the AWSS (WE) M4 CQBR, and wow... Hard anodized finish, solid internals... It's been flawless to myself... Only reason I went for the WE is because the US army rangers have adopted WE AWSS m4's as their new training weapon as it's so realistic and reliable... Currently I have mine as a custom spr rifle, converted to semi only firing around 400fps and it's a beauty... So from personal experience the WE hands down

lewis

Comment

WE GBB has to be the way to go- it rocks on CO2!

Comment

I have the WE and iv'e tried my mates AGM. The WE kicks harder and nearly always gets a full mag out on full auto before gas runs out. The only time it doesn't in when you run bad bb's and get a jam.

Comment

i have an agm and it was great untill about 5 mags worth of bbs and the valve blew its o rings, i binned it in my spares box and purchased two new mags.

I would replace a few things though, the hopup, the npa system on the gas port (mine broke at the o ring end! o rings hate me!!)
              nozzle get an aluminium one.

And beefier spring, with steel buffer tube.

Spring and buffer tube you can get a local enginnering company to sort you out much cheaper than buying a kit.

and ive shimmed the locking pins on the receiver to prevent wobble too.

you dont have to do this all at once, but bear in mind that you may or may not have to replace all those parts.

simon
              sigpic
              www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
              www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by srosefx View Post
                i have an agm and it was great untill about 5 mags worth of bbs and the valve blew its o rings, i binned it in my spares box and purchased two new mags.

I would replace a few things though, the hopup, the npa system on the gas port (mine broke at the o ring end! o rings hate me!!)
                nozzle get an aluminium one.

And beefier spring, with steel buffer tube.

Spring and buffer tube you can get a local enginnering company to sort you out much cheaper than buying a kit.

and ive shimmed the locking pins on the receiver to prevent wobble too.

you dont have to do this all at once, but bear in mind that you may or may not have to replace all those parts.

simon
                Or you could buy yourself a WE

The WE GBB does not need a complete make-over! You'll also get better performance from CO2 and better kick-back.

Comment

your right
                  hey im thinking of getting the version two of the m16a3 any good?
                  sigpic
                  www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
                  www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

Not sure which 'version' the M16A3 is on but I recall that it was a late model and so is at least a version 2 but perhaps a version 3 model.

Make sure it's CO2 ready- again I think all the WE GBB M16 rifles were CO2 ready.

I would not recommend propane mags. Stick with C02.

Comment

thanks for the info dose any one know of a shop in the uk that sells the RA TECH NPAS kit (pm me the link) or dose the we even nead it on c02?
                      Originally posted by Stones
                      true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

Nowhere in the U.K that i know of sell the WE npas. And yes you will need it on CO2. WE does make a 350 fps nozzle but i am yet to come across one. The NPAS would be the best option. Lot's of U.S sites sell them. Just make sure you get the right version

Comment

i got an NPAS kit in the uk for my WA m4
                          "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Comment

Yes, but not the WE, iv'e searched high and low.

Comment

I know my mate has an npas fitted on his WE m4, and im sure he got it in the UK, i will have to ask him and if he did i will let you know mate
                              "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the guru love computers, XBOX, TV and airsoft Find out more about the guru
                              Working...
                              X