Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares vs TM G36's

HI,
    Which do people think will be a better rifle, the Ares G36c or the Tokyo Marui G36c? I want to fiddle with the Hop and barrel but leave the gearbox alone as much as I can and I am looking to make this into a precession rifle focusing more on range and accuracy than ROF so which do people think I should get?
    Thanx
    sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Re: Ares vs TM G36's

I had a tm g36c. Couldnt be faulted

Ive seen one guy with a ares g36... He had nothing but issues with ut, sent it back to the shop 3 times and still had issues....

The src gen 3 are meant to be very aswell though
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

My friend has an Ares G36, its cool, with the quick swap spring and blowback, but the TM does it for me

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I was in the same situation as you, went for the Ares and it's been faultless. That's the G36CV.

Comment

Just to add, if you do go for the TM I'd be inclined to leave the hop well alone as it's one of the TM's main features!

Comment

Tm all the way, I know one guy who has been running it for 15 years and has had no problems, the only part he has ever changed is the hop up (gearbox was just serviced not replaced with newer parts each year...) with ares its hit and miss really

Comment

externally the ares has better build and materials, internally, the tm wins hands down.

talk to bamf and raptor airsoft, bamf has a tm recoil g36 nicely wrapped up in the ares body, custom build by raptor. all the benefits of the TM, with the external quality of ares
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                externally the ares has better build and materials, internally, the tm wins hands down.
                ^^ This

Comment

I own a tm g36 recoil and i must say best gun ive ever owned and ive has masadas akm and 5.56,tm m14s,a number of m4s and aks so i would defo recommend the tm mate

Comment

I've also got a TM G36 Recoil and I'll never go back to a regular AEG. It sounds so much better and the recoil is awesome. The only slight drawback is the shiny plastic, but what the hell, the recoil makes up for it.

Honestly, AEG's are dead to me, it's recoil or gas all the way in the future.
                    I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda
                    SKADOOSH!

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go TM. I did have an Ares G36 and when it worked it was great the key word in that sentence being WHEN. I bought it second hand so I thought it might just have been treated badly which was the cause of all the trouble so I was tempted to get one the same only brand new but I have been asking round and after reading the answers I think I will be going Tokyo Marui all the way! I agree that Ares are hit and miss, there is a guy at my site who has one and is faultless but then mine was the other extreme.
                      sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XLR8ING Find out more about XLR8ING
                      Working...
                      X