TM pistol advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM pistol advice

I've been looking into the idea of having a stab at a pistol build for a while. tried a Sig226 a while back build went as far as a tight barrel PDI hop and nineball gas router. wouldn't really call it a build if im honest.

recently i've been drawn towards 1911s seen a few stunning examples and did some reading I understand they arn't the best to build but far from the worst.

sooo to the guys who have done builds before and know their way round TMs here's what I have on order (im still undecided on a metal kit so for now im leaving it out but there will be one)

Nine Ball Precision Barrel (Standard Length 112.5mm) for Marui Hi-cap 5.1 / M1911A1 $34.93

Tokyo Marui 1911A1 Government TM-GBB-M1911A1 $178.84

Nine Ball Recoil Spring Guide & Recoil Spring for Marui M1911A1 $41.65

Nine Ball Feather Weight Piston Red (TM Hi-Capa / 1911 / M.E.U.) $54.00

Nine Ball High Bullet Valve Neo for TM 1911 and Hi-Capa $26.76

Sub Total $336.18
    (~ £214)

cant find gas routers for the life of me or hop rubbers if anyone can think of any things other than the metal kit and recoil springs I've missed can you point them out.

also does anyone know if the hicappa/sig style hop rubber and gas router work in the 1911 or can they be modded by a dummy to fit?

should also point out im trying to avoid the asian retailers if at all possible.
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Re: TM pistol advice

I managed to confuse myself. Nine ball hop rubbers fit any tm pistol
    Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

First bit, I would avoid buying from the states. High postage costs and a very very high chance of being smashed by customs meaning that dollar sign becomes pounds with a little bit on top.
      There are some very good asian retailers out there with cheaper shipping costs than UK to UK (go figure eh?), for small stuff you very rarely get stung for customs either.

On with the main bit.
      Scrap the inner barrel and get a PDI black raven 6.01, its about the same price from Ebay.
      Cant fault the pistol.
      Piston head I would recommend either the Dyna piston head or the PDI winter head.
      Dont bother with the Neo valves, I took mine out and reverted back to the standard TM ones that I had ported for higher flow. The neo ones I found had a very light spring and jammed open quite a lot and proved rather unreliable.

9ball Gas routers for 1911s dont exist as far as I know however the Lees precision shims are cheap and easy to fit and slightly improves performance (mainly efficiency side).
      The Hicapa/sig ones are bigger and and wont fit even with modding.
      Hop rubber I can highly recommend the Firefly one, if you manage to get it to work properly the 9ball one is very good indeed.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You need to visit one and only one website if you are building a TM 1911. Its a UK based website and the guys name is Mike CrIpps, and that's all I can say or I'll get shot!

Comment

And whats not available there can be sought from HK.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Bought a gun from mike before unfortunatly had to sell it on this very forum really miss having a high end pistol.

Not had a chance to talk to mike yet about this build will most likely be sourcing the metal kit from him really liking the SIS or custom covert 2. Anyone know if zero 1 can order kits in?

Forgot to mention the above parts are already on order.

Comment

I got the hurricane tactical entry 2 from him, very nice bit of kit!

Comment

Dont suppose you can pm a pic?

Comment

In my opinion if your not changing the slide out for metal the only upgrades you really want to do to a stock 1911 are,
                  PDI raven 6.01 or palsonite if your feeling fluch
                  Nine ball hop rubber
                  and either bore out the stock gas valves or by hi-flow ones ive had good results with guarder ones, but it does depend on the batch.
                  For really cold weather a winter piston head or dyna are good.
                  Mike is good but just be careful of his attitude, i personally dont use him as i get all my stuff out of HK and do all my own builds.
                  "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                  Life in the fast lane........
                  sigpic

Comment

It'll be getting a metal kit fitted just didn't order yet as TBH couldn't afford it at the time and not 100% on what kit yet.

I've heard good and bad things about highflow gas valves. ordering them is really just to see if they are worth it. I didn't have them on the Sig and even then it was still only getting 15-20 shots off a mag if it makes it any worse on gas consumption than that I might take them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey293 View Post
                      Dont suppose you can pm a pic?
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...198#post994198

Mines the second post down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                        Very nice kit there mate. a contender if im honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey293 View Post
                          It'll be getting a metal kit fitted just didn't order yet as TBH couldn't afford it at the time and not 100% on what kit yet.

I've heard good and bad things about highflow gas valves. ordering them is really just to see if they are worth it. I didn't have them on the Sig and even then it was still only getting 15-20 shots off a mag if it makes it any worse on gas consumption than that I might take them out.
                          They aren't really worth it, I tried guarder ones and they exploded, the 9ball ones were unreliable and I lost performance on both of them.
                          Reverted back to my TM valves which I ported my self and they have been awesome.

Comment

Re barrels: Mr Cripps gave me some advice about tight bores and range.
                            He said if you're shooting under 20m, a 6.01 is OK, but over 20m you should use 6.03mm.

Comment

Only ever use 6.03s anyway buddy. Tollerances within bbs and barrels could leave both at dead on 6mm just too much of a chance of jamming for me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stevey293 Find out more about Stevey293
                              Working...
                              X