Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to narrow down AEG options.

hello all.
    I'm currently re-thinking my choices for my first primary (was going to get an MP5, but having talked to a few people I've been told the feeding mechanism gets dodgy after a while.)

and so I'm now looking at two platforms, by a number of manufacturers. either:
    the G36c by SRC or JG
    an M4 variant by Aim Top, APS or G&G (under thier combat machine line)

of the choices I'm leaning towards either the G36c or the aim top M4, since the other two appear to be plastic-bodied.

are any of these worth it?
    or have I found a selection made up entierly of unreliable piles of rubbish?
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: trying to narrow down AEG options.

At ze moment I have a g&g cm16! I can't fault it! It's even amazing! Done some skirmishes with it and can't fault it bar te mags I bought. Seriously impressive machine!

I suggest that as a starter gun see how you get on! As it is very highly rated.

Here is a review of the gun. This is the one I actually night but there are other reviews there also on
    Other variants of it

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...er-L-DST-(Tan)
    sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

If you decide to go down the G36C route you won't really go wrong with either an SRC (make sure you're buying the V3) or the JG.

Out of the two the SRC gets my vote but purely because I had a bad experience with my JG. Equally plenty of people have had problems with the SRC so some of it is luck unfortunately, all part of airsoft as you will grow to learn!

If it's the M4 you decide to go for, get the G&G hands down.

You won't really go wrong with any of those 3 so it really comes down to whether you prefer the G36 or the M4. Obviously you should prefer the G36

Comment

I can vouch for the G&G M4. I have the GR15 (blowback CM16) and although plastic bodied, it's solidly made.
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Exactly as original poster (ther user two posts up, damn you.) has said.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

i cant coment on the G36 as i have never used one .

but as far as the m4 goes i would go for either classic army ( sportline versions) or if you have the money go for an ICS i have used both and they both have the pros and cons ( like most airsoft guns )

but have you thought of going for an AK ? as i loved my AK ( regret getting rid of it )

Comment

i have an aps raptor, all metal body, its a beaut. the blowback is a bit noisey, but great fun
              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by shooter1990 View Post
                but as far as the m4 goes i would go for either classic army ( sportline versions) or if you have the money go for an ICS i have used both and they both have the pros and cons ( like most airsoft guns )

but have you thought of going for an AK ? as i loved my AK ( regret getting rid of it )
                I was removing CA from the equation because I understand they use off-spec parts, making maintainance and repair troublesome down the road.

I did look at the AK's, but all the models in my price range seemed to be full-length solid stock versions, excepting a few 2-tones. I would atleast want a model with a folding stock, if not a shorter barrel as well, since I do a fair bit of urban.
                Not actually a builder
                Not actually called Bob.

Comment

What's your price range? The king arms m4 is a quality bit of kit. Full metal and good internals. The gun is made to very high tolerances. If not I'd go with the src g36c v3 as its got a bomb proof gearbox I believe.

Comment

The CA B&T MP5 is by far the best, I don't know what this feeding issue is about as it's no different to any other AEG,It uses standard v2 gearbox and internals. You might be thinking of ICS as they have a habit of making externals that are not compatible with other makes.

My mate has an old TM design CA MP5, it was an ex rental that he bought over a year ago and has been reported to have had over 1 million BB's put through it with very minimal maintenance and it is STILL GOING STRONG!!

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                      What's your price range? The king arms m4 is a quality bit of kit. Full metal and good internals. The gun is made to very high tolerances. If not I'd go with the src g36c v3 as its got a bomb proof gearbox I believe.
                      price range maxes out at around £200 for everything. I figure that a decent battery and charger is going to cost me about £20-25. then an extra hi-cap or two (about £20 per mag from what I can find)

so I've got about £150 for the gun itself. might be able to push a little higher, but anything over the £200 mark is defineately out of the question

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                      The CA B&T MP5 is by far the best, I don't know what this feeding issue is about as it's no different to any other AEG,It uses standard v2 gearbox and internals. You might be thinking of ICS as they have a habit of making externals that are not compatible with other makes.

My mate has an old TM design CA MP5, it was an ex rental that he bought over a year ago and has been reported to have had over 1 million BB's put through it with very minimal maintenance and it is STILL GOING STRONG!!
                      it was an ICS Mp5, but I was told that after a while all MP5s develop the same issue. in this case, I was having to wobble the mag in the magwell, to get it to feed ammo into the gun properly.
                      Could it be something to do with the Mag catch design?
                      Not actually a builder
                      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
                        price range maxes out at around £200 for everything. I figure that a decent battery and charger is going to cost me about £20-25. then an extra hi-cap or two (about £20 per mag from what I can find)

so I've got about £150 for the gun itself. might be able to push a little higher, but anything over the £200 mark is defineately out of the question

it was an ICS Mp5, but I was told that after a while all MP5s develop the same issue. in this case, I was having to wobble the mag in the magwell, to get it to feed ammo into the gun properly.
                        Could it be something to do with the Mag catch design?
                        I have 4 and no problems with the mag catch.

Unfortunately the B&T guns are over your budget so it might be worth you going for the JG G36c, you can pick them up for £150 new, Hi-caps should only be £10 each, if you can only find them for £20 each you need to have another search,The charger is the most expensive part of the extras as you should really buy a smart charger, it makes life so much easier and last but definitely not least is the batteries, if you look around you can get good quality Vp 1600mah mini batteries for less than £13 each.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
                        Working...
                        X