snow wolf m82 (short)/ ultimate gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow wolf m82 (short)/ ultimate gearbox

i am considering purchasing a custom snow wolf barrett m82a1 in which comes fitted with a ultimate gearbox, and 6.01 tbb. just wondering if any body has had any experinence with these on the field? (barrett/gearbox) and if so could you let me know if they are any good ???? cheers. and do tbb's make much difference ????
    sigpic

Re: snow wolf m82 (short)/ ultimate gearbox

hi mate ,

i have a snow wolf barrett (short) too . however i have only got the body ( as i got a good deal on the forums!!) so i thought that i was better off so i have decided to put my own internals in( i am going to use a reinforced CA gearbox with a systema m130 tune up kit , a PSG1 inner barrell and a tm hop unit with a hoofing 9.6 battery) . ( i know that dont help you much ). when it turned up i was around my mate who repairs airsoft guns and we came to the conclusion that the only inner barrel that will fit in it is the PSG1 inner barrel but they can only come down to 6.03 so i would find out what length inner barrel is . as for the 6.01 inner barrel ( if you do get it ) i would swap the inner barrel for a 6.03, as the bb we can buy are not all perfect balls . there might be imperfections that cold jam the barrel or it might be a bit of dirt . unless you spend £££££ on bbs ( heard rumors about polished BBs don't know how true this is) you would be better off .

as for the barrett it feels a solid gun full metal ( apart from the pistol grip ) but if i was you if you want a descent Barrett i would cough up the money and get the SOCOM gears version MUCH better quality . personal opinion have a look at this review and you will get my idea. http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...cture-Heavy%29

apologize if this sounds like a lot of gibberish but i think you get the general idea lol

Comment

Ive owned both the Socom Gear and the Snow Wolf. The Socom Gear as said above is much better quality but so bloody heavy its damn near unskirmishable, whereas the Snow Wolf is bearable, so would go with the Snow Wolf any time.

Ultimate gearbox's are very good, so you'll have no problems with that. Personally Id buy a 6.03 over a 6.01 any day due to 6.01s being much more prone to jamming, but a 6.01 does make a huge difference to accuracy if your prepared to maintain it well and stick good quality BBs through it(teflon coated are the sort of things you want to be sticking through it).

Personally I would reccomend buying it. Tons of fun and a real eye catcher on the field. I would personally stick a harder hop rubber in, perhaps a prometheus or madbull, and lock to semi using a mosfet, but apart from that it seems good to go.

Comment

will blaster .25s be ok in a 6.01 ????
        sigpic

Comment

They would be fine, but you will probably want heavier ammo for sniping with.

Putting the shots down range since 1990

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
          Working...
          X