G&P or TM M4a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P or TM M4a1

Now i have decided on what new rifle to get, a very original choice of an M4a1. Going for the M4 as I have lots of M4 mags, want a simple/plain rifle and don't really like any of the alternatives.

I am torn between the G&P and the TM M4a1.

I have a G&P MRP and it is a great gun and quality is top notch..........despite getting an increasingly large service bill for the gearbox!

TM is meant to be one of the best makes, but my issue is its all plastic (body etc)

The G&P is £230 from Z1 and the TM is £295 from local dealer. I want to get it out of the box and use it and not fuss with changing bodies to metal etc.

Just thought i'd get a general opinion on the two.
    G&P
    75.00%
    TM
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Re: G&P or TM M4a1

I know you don't want to mess around with it but tm internals are so reliable so ide have to get a tm and chuck a metal body on it
    Mitch

Comment

Go TM. You already have a G&P so a reliable gun that one day you can get a metal body may work out well for you
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I love TM, but I don't think their old M4s are worth the money anymore. The internals are great, but the externals are less then impressive considering how nice the cheaper G&Ps are. Maybe find a TM gearbox for your G&P?

Comment

Even as a massive TM fan, I'm not sure I could recommend their old-line AR-15s now-a-days. A lot of that old gen stuff (the M14s for example) is still very nice, but the design of the externals on the old AR line is positively prehistoric.

Lots of places sell a wide range of G&Ps, or maybe look at an ICS or G&G if you want a metal body with a good gearbox. Generally however G&P internals are pretty solid, so getting another one wouldn't be a bad move, and if it's from a good UK store the warranty will cover any potential breakages that may occur.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Sell your g&p mrp and buy a tm Sopmod or socom

Comment

I would go G&P hands down in your two options!
              Originally posted by hoggy21
              Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

Think its the G&P i am leaning towards. My thinking is that if something goes on either gun during a game day i can change bits over relativity easily. i.e. gearbox issue just swap lower receivers over etc etc.

The issue with getting a SOPMOD or SOCOM is the need for different mags. I have 10 metal G&P mids and as far as i know they dont work in the TM recoil guns so thats more expense and bother to sell old ones.

Comment

Can I throw the cat among the pigeons here, and say, both of these are very good reliable makes with equally good performance, but, if you're looking for a new gun, go with the fashion, as you'll always shift it later, (if you wanted to), and the fashion of course is the recoil, but, although you've said, M4, I suggest you try the scar, (there's one on here, right now, at a bargain, with mags, and from a known good seller) I've got both, and they're just fantastic, but the scar is just that little bit different, and uses standard batteries too, but, if you're really dead set on a good old M4, get the recoil anyway, have a think about it Sam.
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

My new G&P MOE turned up on wednesday and I love that!

My only issue with the TM was the exterior stuff, internally it's great but I dont think G&P are that far behind currently. Just my opinion though.
                    Originally posted by hoggy21
                    Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by Druico View Post
                      My new G&P MOE turned up on wednesday and I love that!

My only issue with the TM was the exterior stuff, internally it's great but I dont think G&P are that far behind currently. Just my opinion though.
                      I wouldn't argue that, G&P are very, very good, and a bit cheaper too, so there's a good case for either, and, I suppose, M4's are the most popular gun, for a reason, and the MOE does look a bit special. (forgot about that one).
                      Last edited by steve grey; 27 July, 2012, 09:17.
                      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

You can always pick up a magazine adaptor for a tenner so you can use your standard mags in the tm recoils.

Comment

I do like the SCAR it prob the only non M4 I would think about.

I seem to make up my mind and then next day change it!

I like the G&P RAS but not keen of the foresight so that would prob be changed for the basic a frame foresight.

Comment

Well whether you decide on the scar or an M4 Sam, one advantage the TM recoil range has, is of course, the bolt catch feature, and that is great, although it does mean you can only use recoil series mags, and I think that feature would swing it for me.

Comment

G&p for me. good internals and great internals. i know TM's are quality but a dboys gearbox will last forever if you put a spring in it that puts out 280fps. thats why there so reliable. put a 280 fps spring in a g&p and id put money on it that it would last just as long as a tm

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam_G Find out more about sam_G
                              Working...
                              X