warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty question

I was wondering if painting a new gun would void the warranty? I was intending to paint my new gun (once i decide which one to get!!) but dont want to void anything as thats one of the main reasons i want to buy new.

I would assume it will as it is "modified" from the original condition.

Also Z1 offers the upgraded springs as an option for new guns, would this also not void the manufactures warranty? for the same reason as painting?

If it does do Z1 then offer their own warranty covering the whole gun? (not if i paint it!)

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Re: warranty question

No weapon really comes with one worth while as far as I know, you are covered to some extent by the sale of goods act.

The main thing is not being self inflicted damage. So, depends what you painting and how. The main thing is what the shop will think, because they the ones you going to have to argue with at end of the day.

Comment

I would expect that it would void the warranty. The retailer would see it as being substantially modified from the original specification.

The best thing to do would be to wait until the warranty has expired and then look at painting or modifying it. That way, your at least covered when you use the weapon the first few times.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it would void it, because it's a modification that makes the gun completely different.
        sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

to paint a gun properly you would have to dismantle it which would defiantly void the warrenty
          Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Cheers for confirming what i thought.

Will email Z1 about the warranty if they fit a upgraded spring. Surely they have to offer some cover on the work they carry out.
            TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              No weapon really comes with one worth while as far as I know,
              Celcius CTW's do, 3month, 12month and 24month, depending on the model. :D

On topic: Yes, painting it will void your warranty, most things void your warranty on an AEG. Changing pistol grips, changing sling plates, spraying paint, changing anything internal.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Have you ever tried to cash that in?

Most I have seen end up being "Oh sorry, it only counts if you don't use it" kind of thing!

Comment

Certainly warranties from a dealer I user are honoured, inc 12 month On PTWs. I've had to get a repair on an ICS gun under warranty and also on my PTW (the dummy pins on one side all fell off). It also depends on the supplier, e.g. they were fine for me to change the fore grip on my PTW.

As saif by others , paint can get in places you dont want it so could void the warranty. For extremes, would think say painting your name on the side of the stock using a fine brush would be OK , but resprayng a two tone would not as they are intentionally hard to "de-two tone"

Comment

I've seen a few cash in the UK warranties on the CTW. Even one that didn't have a warranty, was still given replacement parts due to the good service of the distributor.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

My Ares comes with a 12 month warranty, hopefully I won't have to try and use it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam_G Find out more about sam_G
                      Working...
                      X