Collapse

New to Airsoft, Which gun should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Airsoft, Which gun should I Get?

Hey guys,

Im just starting airsoft and i'm looking to buy a weapon. Im stuck between a sniper or an assault rifle? I would love to snipe, it looks so fun and slightly less challenging than being in the frontline, I get a bit whimpy sometimes aswell as I can remember from memories in paintball. Please help!

Re: New to Airsoft, Which gun should I Get?

The first thing you should do is go to a proper airsoft game and rent a gun from the site, that way you will see if you have a taste for airsoft! This will also help you to decide what your first gun will be.

As it's your first gun, you will want an AEG, they're much more fun when you start off as sniping requires skills built up over time and isn't necessarily the most fun when you first start. (trust me, my first gun was a sniper rifle, which was a bad idea)

Are you under 18? if so you will have to have an over 18- possibly your parents, buy you a two-toned airsoft gun (WHICH YOU CANNOT SPRAY ANOTHER COLOUR), which they can then give to you as a gift- no money must change hands between you and them. A good starter gun is the G&G combat machine series, for about £150 you get a reliable M4 style gun, which are easy to buy parts and upgrade later in your airsoft career.

(Also google and the search function on these forums are your friend!)

Comment

As others have said, Don't start by sniping. It's a mistake many, many airsofters have made before you and will contiune to make. Sniping takes time, dedication, skill, patience and sitting in one place for ages getting bored. It's not, I'm reliably told, the easy option. The appeal is strong ofc, but I understand most just dont have the mentality for it, I know I don't. Another option would be to go the 'designated marksman' route, and aquire something that can shoot semi-auto (and go rock and roll mode when needed) an M14 or one of the many M16 variants.

Comment

If you don't want to be in constant running attack what about being a support gunner?

Comment

I recommend every airsofter start with an AEG, Almost every player I know that's started with a sniper, didn't like it.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

i started with the g&g cm16! AMAZING gun to start with. very reliable.

I'm still using it to be honest ask can't fault it. just gonna upgrade bits on it.

but depends what you like.
            like ghostdivisionairsoft has said try a skirmish first by renting the gun get the feel of it and see if you enjoy it. when satisfied buy away! :D
            sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

I'm quite new myself, acquired my UKARA a month or so back, I hear G&G's are good to start off with, myself I went out and bought a pistol and the cheap tri-shotgun, but they are very fun, and surprisingly accurate, though I only really do CQB.

Comment

As a first gun, i'd certainly look to an AEG, before a sniper rifle, sniping is definately an aquired taste, look on the classifieds for some sort of M4, for not much over the Ton, G&G being about the best value wise, if you can go to £120, you'll have a fair choice.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Also depends on how much cash you have to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by dommlb1 View Post
                    I get a bit whimpy sometimes aswell as I can remember from memories in paintball. Please help!
                    So you pick a sport where you get shot a lot too? lol

Seriously though, get some games down by renting, get UKARA if you're over 18 then buy an AEG.
                    Upcoming Games:
                    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

who are you?
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Get a half decent budget gun to get you going.

By the sounds of things you may not stick at it so don't plough thousands into kit only to realise you don't like it.

Something like a G&G CM16 or a JG G36C would be ideal as an entry level beginners gun that will still impress you when using it.

Comment

Originally posted by dommlb1 View Post

it looks so fun and slightly less challenging than being in the frontline
                          It's about 5x harder , trust me I'd recommend something from G&G or a Cyma AK variant. Or you could wait a while and get a budget series KWA m4 for £120-150 IIRC.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                          X