How to post an airsoft pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to post an airsoft pistol.

Hey guys, I have my first pistol for sale on the forum here and was wondering which company to use to post it to the buyer as I have never had to send a replica before.
    Thanks.

Re: How to post an airsoft pistol.

Just normal signed for post, but boxed or very well padded.

Pistol loose in a jiffy bag, or falling out of a packge... not good.

Comment

Do we need to declare it as a replica or anything like that?

Comment

I wouldn't mention what it is personally.

Comment

you can declare it if you want it to be seized,open,delayed,maybe destroyed by idiots who dont know the law.

basically if its got its original box, put it in the box,wrap the box with bubblewrap, then wrap that with strong plastic, or get one of those posting plastic bags,if you have one lying around and re-use it by turning it inside out, make sure the address is clear on it and put your return address some where smaller on the other side, you could slip in the box the buyers ukara number,and your address,just in case.

and if asked whats inside just say a toy.
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Reuben View Post
            Do we need to declare it as a replica or anything like that?
            If I remember correctly you're legally not required to declare what is in post if it wont have to pass through customs (ie not airmail/overseas) however make sure its not dangerous (compressed gas is a no no) so make sure mags are discharged and you're not sending any gas.
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

As above, just make sure it's well packaged to avoid damage and send it recorded so you have some proof of postage should it all go pear-shaped.
              "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
              George Carlin

Comment

royal mail or parcel force are obliged to carry RIFs alot of courier won't. always send it recorded delivery so you got proof that it was delivered if some one tries to pull a fast one on you. insurance is worthless as no one covers RIFs if damaged or lost you'll have to take the hit.
                Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Parcel Force do not carry firearms, RIFs, Deacs of any type (according to their T&Cs). Royal Mail, however, are legally obliged to transport any legal goods. Just don't tell 'em what it is....

Comment

Royal Mail are legally obliged to carry air guns as a result of the Royal Charter. This was confirmed by Postcom. Parcel Force ARE NOT.

To my knowledge, no other carrier will allow a RIF or IF if you look at their terms and conditions as a transaction with a private individual.

Comment

The Royal Mail / Post Office are the ONLY ones who must carry carry RIFs / IFs or SPORTING FIREARMS.

All other courrier services are private companies and as such get to make their own rules.

1. Package it well - If there is the chance it could go airmail (Lands End to Outer Hebridies) de-gas the magazines.

2. Clearly state postage address AND return address - just in case.

3. If you must mark something on it - SPORTING EQUIPMENT is your friend here as sporting firearms have a specific mention in the Royal Mail rules.

4. Don't be tight on the postage - RM have been known to misplace the odd item here and there, be honest as to it's worth and pay the correct postage fee. It might cost you an extra fiver, but compared to losing a gun and reimbursing the buyer, that is the cheaper of the two options.

5. Depending on value of item, send it: (in order of cost, cheapest first)
                        With proof of postage (unique till receipt number) - not a tracking number but the proof you need to claim compensation for a lost item and to prove to a buyer you are not a scammer.
                        Signed for - somebody at the other end signs for the pacage on their door step
                        Tracked - everytime it passes through a sorting or delivery stage, it is updated on the web and you can see how far along it's journey the package is.

If you have have reason to suspect the buyer may be a blagger and claim the parcel never arrived and try to get their money back, signed for or tracked are the only methods to use.

We have a small Royal Mail post office where i work in Germany so as well as all this i need to fill out customs declarations with everything i post. RIFs get put down as sporting equiupment nowadays... i used to send them as "models" or "model kit" until i discovered sporting firearms are specificly mentioned.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reuben Find out more about Reuben
                        Working...
                        X