Sniper tape or camo nets ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper tape or camo nets ?

Hi there everyone. Recently I decided that it's not very sniper like to run around with a tan stock so : my question is get sniper tape and cam it up with cam cream ,boot polish etc Or get camo nets and save the hassle. What would you do ?

Re: Sniper tape or camo nets ?

I would get some sniper tape and cover the whole body or spray it OD. Then put elastic bands around the scope and barrel and attach foliage to those points to break up the outline of the weapon
    sigpic

Comment

Nothing!

If it they can see your stock you need to practice your fieldcraft!

With the weapon shouldered, your intended target should not be able to see the stock at all. If you MUST use something, i am a fan of the tape.

Comment

Even if your crawling along? And someone is slightly off to your flank and you havent spotted them? Not being a dick about it but surely taken to the same extreme our squaddies could just have a bright orange panel on their arse for team ID?

Sniper tape would be my recommendation - you can remove it at a later date without any troubles
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Yeah that's what i was thinking if it wasn't good i can take it off

Comment

"Even if your crawling along? And someone is slightly off to your flank and you havent spotted them? Not being a dick about it but surely taken to the same extreme our squaddies could just have a bright orange panel on their arse for team ID?"

Not quite the same thing really is it? That's like comparing go-karting and Formula 1.

Our guys could wear bright orange markers on their arse for ID, but as they tend to be nowhere near friendly forces it would seem a bit pointless.
            Even enemy forces we consider to have "primitive weapons" have access to high powered optics. Yes, i know the odd softer or two get themselves some RS gear, but on a typical skirmish day you are not going to need to worry about it.

Unless the blue team have access to UAV with live feed and ISTAR assets, i would suggest there is no NEED to do anything. Personal preferece is entirely different!

If you really want to cover it up, tape is the way ahead. It is quick and easy, won't change the profile of your gun so you can still use it as before, will get "grubbed in" over time and look more "ally" if that is your thing and can be removed with ease should you decide to sell your gun.

I all for camming up weapons, but only because i like the look of it!

Comment

My problem is my stock isn't black or OD green, the previous owner painted this tan so in a british woodland it doesn't suit :P i think i'll have a look around for sniper tape i think i've seen 50m of the stuff somewhere

Comment

yeah, in some environments it might be a bit obvious if your looking to blend in - of course the big question is this: you camouflaging your face?
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I use OD camo tape on the stock (you can spray over it if you wish, too) and then tie down some scrim nets over the barrel and scope with elastic bands and fill it with vegetation.

Here's mine without vegetation in:

Originally posted by psirus101
                  I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Yeah it's my stock i want to do but i'm not sure as the nets do look good but i thought they would be a bit loose that's why i like the idea of camming up the tape

Comment

Originally posted by CSM View Post
                      Yeah it's my stock i want to do but i'm not sure as the nets do look good but i thought they would be a bit loose that's why i like the idea of camming up the tape
                      Loose is good. Loose is breaking up the shape of whatever you're trying to cam.
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

You can tighten it down with elastic bands, but I see where you're coming from. It might move out of place when you push the butt in to your shoulder. Try painting the tape then, or get something like these:
                        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...roducts_id=207
                        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4983
                        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5203

I use this:
                        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5520
                        Originally posted by psirus101
                        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CSM Find out more about CSM
                        Working...
                        X