Collapse

I want a M16VN GBB. But which brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want a M16VN GBB. But which brand?

The long and the short of it is that open bolt is better. It's the newer system and has a better hopup, less cooldown and a more realistic appearance (no brass tube).

At this point you don't want to buy a closed bolt gun.

If you do go for WE open bolt, make sure to buy the Gen. 2 mags, they're based on the WE G39 mags and perform better than the Gen. 1s.

Comment

The WE M16VN would be my choice - the Open Bolt guns they produce now are getting better and better.

RA-Tech tend to make steel upgrade parts for WE rifles - you should expect for the working parts in the stock gun to wear down eventually - mine lasted about 15 months in my WE SCAR before the parts wore down and needed replacing. This is part and parcel of a gas rifle - it's not something you can avoid.

That said, steel parts tend to last much, much longer, so once the stock internals are worn down to the point of the rifle no longer functioning, replacing them with steel upgrades rather than spares from the manufacturer would be the wiser, more cost effective choice.

Personally I believe this additional cost is worth it, purely from the satisfaction of using a gas rifle. The big grin never fades, I promise you that! :D
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

For me WE any day, they produce good solid guns and their open bolt system is superb. I also like them because unlike WA spares are easily available. Ra-tech do a large line up of parts for WE guns to. As for buying one personalty with a GBB id always prefer to buy new but thats me. Second hand you dont see many come up for sale.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

I don't mean to thread hijack, however I was just part of a conversation on another forum regarding Gas rifles, and thought this might be an interesting read for you, as it is relevant to your interests, and in a round about way, this thread:

Andy - "this is a problem for all gas rif's and is a question you must ask yourself before going down any GBB rif route.

simple matter is, the combat machine GBB is a cost effective rif and works well.

if i were to go down this route, i could see myself having max 3 mags maybe 4 and carrying my own gas and bb loader around with me, perhaps a second dump pouch like dunk uses. but it is a play style, a play style people with shotty's see, making every shot count.

it does bring an extra rush of possibly running out of ammo. if you like that sort of thing, then rock on. "

Duncan: "It does bring an extra rush and I am sure Dan will agree at the tunnels when we were doing reloads while holding the kitchens it actually forced us to work better as a team, two GBBR's held back a huge number of the OPFOR till endex was called, just good communication and teamwork.

Whenever I have been with other AEG guys and I have had the GBBR I have always made them aware of what I am doing, even ducking into cover to reload from a speedloader etc... Does get the skills up though and I think my gameplay has improved loads since I started to use GBB's, yes I always loose out to the hi-cap guys but that's just having 5% of his ammo capacity and not wanting to go full auto!

On saying that the GBBR's on full auto are a scary thing to behold.

I do like the idea of the G&G GBB's and hope it brings more GBB users into the field. "

Me: "I agree with Duncan here - your play style changes dramatically when using a GBB, and it forces you to play harder to win.

To my eternal shame, I'll use a CoD analogy here and liken the change from AEG's to GBB's to the difference between Standard Deathmatch and Hardcore Deathmatch games - you become much more aggressive as a player, you much learn to hit hard and fast, and you can't get bogged down in a lengthy fight. Every shot needs to be a kill shot, when facing multiple opponents you need to be able to double tap and then shift target before your first opponent even calls his hit.

AEG's may have more ammo capacity, but when I switch between my gas SCAR and my AEG SCAR I find that I use the higher capacity as a crutch to get me out of a bad situation, rather than improving my skill as a player: if you can't spray 40+ bb's at an enemy to keep their head down you tend to learn how to react to this.

Engagements with GBB's tend to be fast and brutal - the first few seconds are the most important - if you hesitate and get pinned then you will lose. You need to make your opponent react to you, and it makes airsoft all the more fun for it.

A lot of people see GBB users running around like loonies and must think that we power play, but the reality couldn't be any different - you have to pressure your opponent as every opponent is infinitely more of a threat when they out-gun you!"
          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Such a high jacker! I'm guna have to call Steven segal on you! Ha ha! That does seem so true, thanks for the input. See so many people with high caps just spraying about to keep people's heads down etc etc, not very skilful. Each to there own tho.

Comment

Me again I so very nearly sold my m14 to get some cash towards a m16 but just couldn't bring myself to do it. If anyone knows of someone selling any WE m16 any version (I have around £200) drop me a line please thanks

Comment

Yeah defo get the WE M16A1! amazing gun, shoots like an arrow and its so nice looking, just remember to keep the oring in the nozzzle nice and lubed (pull the nozzle out and spray/drip etc).

Dave

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pagey83 Find out more about Pagey83
                Working...
                X