Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnerving Barrel Movement?

Hey guys,

I own a KWA M4 which has been pretty solid since I bought it. It works absolutely fine and hasn't missed a beat. However since I installed a RIS kit the barrel has developed quite a bit of wobble. It's a huge 12 inch jobby and it's a free float system. The wobble sideways doesn't really bother me, but when I have the extra weight of a silencer on it, the whole outer barrel slides forward about half an inch. I don't THINK it'll come out, because it feels as though something is blocking it, but I'd like to put a stop to it if possible. Does anyone know what's actually wrong with it? I haven't taken the rail off to look at it, as it's a new delta ring and I'm not sure how dismantle it (had the RIS installed at my local site) so really if anyone has had this problem before it'd be real useful to know what you did to fix it!

Cheers,

Ash
    sigpic

Mate do as thingy at xsite said and tap it with some screws to stop the movement

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Unnerving Barrel Movement?

Try completely taking the barrel lug off and putting it back on again. As tight as you reasonably can. Failing that you might need some form of washer between the barrel and lug.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Just re read your post. When you get back to your site get it looked at again. As a temporary fix take a stanley knife and thick cardboard to try a temporary fix.
        Originally posted by B.E.N.
        Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

also check the kwa forums. Someone else has most likely run into the problem on there. If not make a post as the kwa guys are really helpful!
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FullMetalAsh Astronomy, Airsoft, Guitar. Sorted. Find out more about FullMetalAsh
          Working...
          X