Collapse

Can you skirmish with just a pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you skirmish with just a pistol?

Depends on the woodland really, if it's dense with cover then yes. If there are big gaps you can still go at it but you've gotta move fast if you wanna see any action other than BBs coming at your face!
    Hero to some, Villain to most.

Comment

my upgraded tm G17 is all i use for CQB, if you've got around 4 or so mags and make your shots count then you will have a great time! really helps the sneaky side of your game
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

although possible and a good challenge its not easy.i'm guessing you are new to airsoft and my guess is you are going to have a better time with an aeg and may get a little overwhelmed by the challenge of just a pistol,many people are encouraging you to have a go but the truth of the matter is only about 1 in 50 players can make it work for them in woodland site. just thought i'd try to balance the point of view.

Comment

Having owned a WE 1911 once before I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. WE GBBr's are kick ass, but their pistols (from what I've used) are lacking when next to TM or even KWA. Although saying that I've skirmished with just a pistol for a game or two on one day before, and it's incredibly fun. I was using (and still use) a TM P226. It's totally stock, but if you're clever and just don't run and gun or try to suppress people with it you can actually get some very satisfying kills. I played at XSite and there are some game areas there which have a lot of hard cover so you can move fast from cover to cover. You end up getting real down and dirty at close range, but it's really fun. I'd still recommend getting an AEG first though, but if you're intent it can work.
          sigpic

Comment

It can be done easily as I have done so at my local woodland site a few times...

But as Bump said: 'you've got to be fast' and constantly on the move. It's very easy to be overwhelmed and pinned down. That being said, i've had some really enjoyable games with just a pistol

I would also take a reliable pistol with me though, one that has decent range and accuracy for a pistol... so go for a TM for sure. WE are average in my experience.

Comment

I had to lend my primary to my nephew last time I played at upper heyford. His gun broke down so I used my TM 1911 for the last two games. I got a lot of kills by going in and out of buildings and catching people by surprise however even though I consider my TM to be very good and externally reliable and accurate, it not a replacement for my M16 as there is just anyway near as much range.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, i think i will give it a go but with a socom gear doublestar. Should be more reliable. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Socom Gear is just a rebranded WE which I would not recommend for skirmishing use, especially as a primary. If you haven't already bought it get a TM pistol, honestly they just work better. Pretty much all the TM GBBs are good guns and better than a WE. Yes they may be plastic but that's actually a good thing because it means they need less gas to fire so they will keep working much better than a WE at low temperatures and/or when you fire rapidly.

Carry a speedloader and some gas and keep refilling BBs and gas whenever there's a quiet moment, you'll be fine. Pistol only is a lot of fun! As others have said, it pays to stay mobile.

Comment

I'd reccomend TM or KSC (Japanese) but primarily TM. The upgrade parts are abundant and their newer models are VERY reliable, accurate and good on the gas.

Be wary of the Glock 17 (Marui) I have one and whilst it's bloody accurate and fun to use , it seems like a bit of part muncher, had to replace numerous parts on it in the space of 6 months.

MEUs are amazing bang for buck, i've owned a couple and I have always been aggrieved that I have had to sell them off for money reasons.

You'd be suprised what range you can get out of one, though as the other say- watch out for winter because you will really find yourself wanting an AEG when it gets cold.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
                      MEUs are amazing bang for buck, i've owned a couple and I have always been aggrieved that I have had to sell them off for money reasons.

You'd be suprised what range you can get out of one, though as the other say- watch out for winter because you will really find yourself wanting an AEG when it gets cold.
                      Most TM pistols will still put up a decent fight in cold weather, especially if you don't fire too rapidly. Even my Deagle's been fine so far.

Speaking of cold - the TM 1911 and MEU series are really nice guns, the only thing that lets them down is the gas capacity. Because they have thin mags they don't hold as much gas as other pistols which means they will struggle to finish a load of BBs when it starts to get cold.

The TM Hi Capas, with their large magazines and lightweight, fast cycling slides are excellent skirmish pistols.

Comment

You could easily skirmish with a full auto pistol with some extended mags

You do churn through the mags/gas though!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

3AJ12 Find out more about 3AJ12
                        Working...
                        X