X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What spring?G&P

Hi Guys

I purchased straight out the box, a G&P SR16 URX

At the mall in reading, it was crono'ed and was firing at 370-375 with 0.2. brand new, from the box!

Now my mate had an m90 spring which the on site machenic fitted for me which brought it all the way down to 303fps.

Now I was just wondering if anyone knows what spring may have come with the gun, and if it was worth buying an M100 spring just to bring it up a little bit from 303fps?

Also I would like to change the hop rubber & nub for a little more distance, so what would be good for this model?

Cheers for the help

Mike
    Professional Russian Since 1983...

Re: What spring?G&P

G&P guns typically come with M110 springs.

I would be cautious with an M100 though as with a long barrel and good air seal it could put you very close to 350 if not slightly over. Especially if it is a Guarder spring. Another point of view is 300 fps is plenty with a good gun. I have a G&G M14 doing 290fps and it has great range.

Comment

Cheers for that bud
      Its proberly best I just stick to the m90 then. Does anyone know what hop rubber & nub would be good? I suppose the madbull one really? Also I really want to get a tight bore barrel. Was looking at the madbull one but the guy thinks it might be 300mm on mine as oppose to the 363 for the m4?

Anyone know what size barrel I would need before I ordered?

Cheers

Mike

Comment

A web company have said they believe its a 300mm barrel and as the guns running 303fps the clear and black madbull hop rubber is the one to go for, so I guess thats what Ill go for!

Comment

Short length is about 300mm, standard is 363mm for the G&P SR16 URX btw.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Mines a URX Shorty, so im guessing its 300mm.

Cheers Bud

Comment

I'd swap the barrel for a systema/madbull tightbore and but a TM hop rubber on it. Should bump the FPS up marginally, perhaps even to about 320 and it should be peachy.

Comment

well have ordered 300mm madbull barrel and a madbull hop rubber. Also whats a decent mosfet for this model of gun?

cheers

Mike

Comment

ASCU V2

Provided it's rear wired that it, which I'm pretty confident it is!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Professional Russian I was born in the USSR before the distruction of communism. I fled to uk to live out the dream of being a professional russian in the game of toy guns. Im here at your service. Find out more about Professional Russian
                  Working...
                  X