• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying a RIF without UKARA

Speeds up the process in fairness.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i thought it was a leagl requirement?
      fair enough.

what do you mean by defence on buying a RIF??
      sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

Not a legal requirement at all. You don't have to have a defence for buying a RIF. The seller needs to prove that they're selling to a registered skirmisher-re-enactor or a film studio hiring them out. It's to protect the seller not the buyer.

Comment

i know they seller needs to protect themselves but how do you prove the defence though is what i mean?
          sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

If you can prove you are a regular skirmisher, by rights although I cant see it working but by rights you could go to a shop with 4 months (figure plucked from thin air) worth of photos of you skirmishing at a site and that could be construed as defence.
            If you were a regular at GZ and a shop staff member knows you they could in theory use that as defence as well.
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Through being UKARA registered, having a skirmish site membership, re-enactors permit, or a film/studio permit. That is the defence and these details are held on a database, be that UKARA (which is a large database of registered players) sites also have a database with their members, as do re-enactors etc. Your name and membership number is the sellers defence for selling to you. Some site memberships have photocards as well so that furthers proof.

Comment

And being a data base, its all in one place, easy to find so a widely used acceptable form of defence.

Comment

ah i get it now. thanks.

i got told by a fellow skirmisher he kept a diary, dates times location etc of every skirmish and was able to get UKARA registered. i just couldn't see that working as you could just lie to be honest. but the marshall knew he had done it enough. just didn't seem right in my eyes.

cheers for explaining it :D
                  sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

To get UKARA the site has to sign a form to send to UKARA. The people who sign the form are the site owners/marshalls. As far as I know this is the only way to obtain UKARA registration.

Comment

yeah thats how i obtained mine.

I filled out the form then the marshall signed and stamped the form to send off.
                      sigpic

TM CQBR M4 - THE TITS

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
                        Provided you mean the shop and not the forums they wouldn't ship the gun out until they have confirmed confirmation of your defence.

Some retailers even charge you about a tenner for trying to buy a RIF without a defence.
                        this is true.
                        i'm trying to get my friend into airsoft. i advised him about VCRA and UKARA, but being who he is, he completely ignored what i said and bought from an online retailer (don't know who) he was not at any point of the transaction prompted to input a UKARA ID until a couple of days later when he got an email from them asking for his UKARA. he's not registered, so he had to tell them and got told he'd have to pay 15 quid to cancel his order or to pay an extra tenner for it to be two toned. of course he had it two toned.
                        you need to be careful when trying to buy online without UKARA cause you could find yourself paying out little more than you expected

i'm personally not ukara registered but i intend to get registered at the weekender, just to make online shopping more convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
                          Some retailers even charge you about a tenner for trying to buy a RIF without a defence.
                          Lol. They even say they'll call the Police. On what grounds? Lol, twats.

Comment

are police men and women well informed about ukara?

the government should make a ukara type permit, but like always they will charge too much for it

bit off topic sorry.

Comment

My big issue with UKARA is the fact i play at so many sites keeping my UKARA up at one site is a pain. Ive not been to the site where my UKARA is registered for about 5 months now. I wish once your registered the first time you could play at any site to keep it up. Every site takes your details when you sign in and the majority are UKARA registered, why would it take much more to implement a way of allowing all sites registerd to update the database when you play.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman92 View Post
                                are police men and women well informed about ukara?

the government should make a ukara type permit, but like always they will charge too much for it

bit off topic sorry.
                                Simply put?
                                No.

Half of them dont have a damn clue about it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
                                Working...
                                X