Advice on getting a new rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on getting a new rifle

I'm looking to buy a nice new modern rifle, and I could really do with a little help and advice.
    I've got a reasonable amount of money to spend but not stupid amounts so Systema is out if you get my meaning.
    The gun needs to fire at a rate of 350 or less, and I'm not looking for a sniper rifle.
    The rifle is going to be used in field, althrough it may do a little cqb.
    I'm looking to be able to get good to excellent range (I'd like to be able to reach out and touch sombody ) I'm sick of always seeming to be firing short and want to redress the balance and be the guy with a nice rifle which outranges the others
    So what to get?
    Looks pretty nice with a good size mag. Any opinions?
    I'm happy to get some extra upgrades to help the situation.
    Can you nice people out there give me some advice on what to get and which company to get form g&g tm etc

Thanks gang

Re: Advice on getting a new rifle

What's the difference between the Factory standard, M90, M100 Spring and bushings on the:
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5775
    Thanks

Comment

Essentially is it how powerful your gun is. The spring is the main determining factor as to how powerful and how many fps you have, therefore how far you can shoot accurately. Other things do affect this such as seals and whether you have a tightbore barrel but the spring is the main thing.

If you were to only upgrade the spring your bushings may not be able to take the extra strain on them, therefore if you upgrade the spring you should probably upgrade the bushings.

The thing you need to know is what is the max fps for your local site, where i play it's 345 max which I understand to be normal. The difference between a 345 gun and 330 gun or even 310 won't make much difference so if it's your first gun i would suggest buying the standard. Do you really want to turn up and be found to have a hot gun and not be able to play?

You haven't mentioned UKARA either which is something you may need to look into.
      sigpic

Comment

To be honest all AEG’s are basically the same, some makes are better than others. I can’t recommend a gun to you as I don’t know what type of guns you like.

Best thing to do is to find one in your price range that you like and ask if it’s a good option.

Originally posted by AllanKustom View Post
        I'm looking to be able to get good to excellent range (I'd like to be able to reach out and touch sombody ) I'm sick of always seeming to be firing short and want to redress the balance and be the guy with a nice rifle which outranges the others
        These type of comments are starting to annoy me (I’m a grumpy old man). Testing my hop on Sunday and it was going further than I could see, there is no way I could tell if I was hitting someone at range. My best advice if you are not hitting people at range is to shoot better or get closer and not blame the gun.

Comment

Thanks for the advice gang. Yes I am UKARA registered.
          I'm happy to spend up to £300 in total or there abouts (inc battery, mags, tight bore barrel) Or do I need to put a little more aside?
          I've already got a Ares Pphs which I like but is a little lacking in range/accuracy also I fancy something modern and like the looko of the M4/M16 variants.

Comment

You could spend the £135 for the raider + parts, you could spend less second hand or you could spend £1000's. Ultimately the decision is yours, there is no ultimate gun.

I would suggest you think about where you will be playing, woodland or cqb as you may want a longer barrell (as to a certain point this can affect range) or shorter for pieing corners but with a rail for your torch/laser/camera. You may also decide to play with low or mid caps which again affect how much you will spend, you may then decide you need a plate carrier or chest rig. The list is endless.
            sigpic

Comment

If you can up the budget, you won't get better than a TM Recoil gun. You'll be looking at roughly £500 for a second hand one on here with everything you need.

If your budget is set at around £300 that will roughly get you a G&G Top Tech which would be my next recommendation for a cheaper alternative to the TM.

About £290 for the gun with 1 mag so you'd obviously need to increase the budget for mags and batteries etc, it already comes with a tightbore fitted though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AllanKustom Find out more about AllanKustom
              Working...
              X