Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detonics Magazines....TM or Army?

Hi everyone.

Literally just purchased myself a nice little TM Detonics in an Army body, and just got round to looking at buying more magazines and was shocked to see the TM ones selling at 30 quid each before postage! After a bit of searching I found an Army Detonics magazine for only 13 dollars from Asia(yes, I know, postage and customs, but will still work out much cheaper), the only obvious difference being its black and not chrome.

My question is, is there much difference in quality between the TM an Army magazines? Is it worth paying more for TM?

Re: Detonics Magazines....TM or Army?

Obviously Army's quality is a lot lower than TM's, being that it's a clone, but they should probably work fine with the right maintenance.

Comment

I use Army mags for my Kimber, they arent bad really, sometimes need the valves tightening, but thats a 30 second job.

Dependant on where you get them from in HK you should be ok with customs, I ordered 3 kimber mags from there and didnt get touched.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You can get the army ones in Chrome too. The finish isn't as good and you can see here cheaply made, but they work ok. I might buy a black one to go with the Detonics I'm building. I personally just put up with the price for the TM. They're cheaper than KSC/KWA mags at £24 from ZeroOne and far cheaper than the £50 WA mags I used to buy.

Comment

Okay cheers. In the end I went with TM ones...not as bad as I thought at 23 quid...place I was looking at they had them for 30!

Figured Id get a nice base of 3 TM mags...then if I ever wanted more Id go for the Army ones.

Comment

I owned a Army Kimber Warrior and all 6 magazines leaked despite replacing the O-rings. Maybe the guy before me had maintained it badly but the magazine fill valve always leaked horrendously and removing it caused the fragile tiny o-rings to fragment into nothing.
            Knowledge is power

Comment

I have/had a couple of Army mags for my Detonics - I find the valves can be a pain in the arse.

Comment

I bought 2 TM magazines in the end, but annoyingly, whilst they fit in the Army frame, their a little tight when coming out! Guess Ill just have to keep the sides well oiled so they slip in and out more smoothly

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
                  Guess Ill just have to keep the sides well oiled so they slip in and out more smoothly
                  Urge..... to... make...... joke is...... unbearable...

Comment

they fit in the Army frame, their a little tight when coming!
                    too... much... LOL
                    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I just KNEW somebody would make a sexual inuendo out of that!

Comment

I just KNEW somebody would make a sexual inuendo out of that!
                        Of course, this IS the internet. :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                        Working...
                        X