Cant decide between these two rifles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant decide between these two rifles.

I am looking for a sniper rifle in my price range of about £125.

I have two that i am very inerested in....

DE M50- the best looking in my oppinion. not sure if there is any upgrades avalable.

A&K dragunov SVD- supposedly very powerfull out of the box and highly accurate.

So my question is can anyone with experience with either of these tell me which one is the best?? i am looking for long range shooting with high accuraccy.

cheers.

Re: Cant decide between these two rifles.

JG BAR-10 FTW (110 quid) but dragunovs better out of the 2
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 28 December, 2009, 07:57.

Comment

The question is, have you done much skirmishing. a lot of people have started with a sniper, and quickly found its not for them.
      If you have a skirmish history, then heres my 10 pence worth.
      M50 - bolt action, easy action, as mentioned, looks good. Short rifle so easy to weild.

SVD - sliding bolt action, you have to pull the cocking arm back, had the Kings Arms (which, i believe the A&K SVD is based on) and it can be a struggle after a long day to cock it, looks wise, these do turn the head. A very long rifle, can be cumbersome.

Accuracy wise, it all depends on the indivual rifle, i've known people with bith, and some are good, some not.

For me, with all the negative sides size wise, and the aching arms, i'd till have another SVD.
      Ratty
      Trader Feedback.
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

As above, if you are new to airsoft, don't start with a Bolt Action rifle, they may be on the lower end of the price scale, but they are not always practical, Airsoft Sniping is not like Call of Duty.
        Have I bought or sold an item that relates to you recently? If so, please leave me my iTrader

Comment

svd deffo

Comment

I have abit of experience and i own an SR25. I like the rifle but i am looking for something abit more long range and more accurate. something i can sneak around with.

Thanks for the advise guys. would you say the JG BAR10 is a better rifle than the DE M50??
            And also, i have not seen the bar10 for sale anywhere.

cheers

Comment

Cheers guys. I think i am gonna go for the JG BAR10

Am i right in thinking these are compatable with the VSR10 parts??

And if i do get the bar10 what are the essential upgrades that i would need to do??

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by spartacus View Post
                Cheers guys. I think i am gonna go for the JG BAR10

Am i right in thinking these are compatable with the VSR10 parts??

And if i do get the bar10 what are the essential upgrades that i would need to do??

cheers
                vsr-10 and bar-10 are very similar if not the same.. if im correct, theres a whole sticky devoted to upgrades on this gun...yay

Comment

There is one other rifle that i particularly like.

It costs quite alot more, but if i was to save up would you reccomend the classic army M24??

cheers

Comment

how old are you mate?

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Not far off 18 unfortunatly. so would be 2 tone.( when i am 18 of course)

Comment

Originally posted by spartacus View Post
                        Not far off 18 unfortunatly. so would be 2 tone.( when i am 18 of course)
                        Or just get UKARA registered? (when you are 18 of course)
                        WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

I had a JG Bar 10, but I think mine was a lemon, Lots of problems with it from the start... Imported it too so couldnt send it back. But to awnser the compatibility question, Yes it will accept VSR upgrade parts, as the BAR is a Clone of the TM VSR.

They are great out of the box, the only thing I would suggest doing is buying a couple extra sears as these will go first in 90% of the guns I have seen.

I also had a AGM MP001, that was an awsome gun, very accurate, loved it. Will probally be getting another when I can find one. 410FPS out the box and was out ranging most things on my site other than the upgraded boys. The most accurate gun I've owned too! other than my SPR... which is heavily upgraded.

Steve
                          My Armory:
                          ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Im in the prosses of sending My DE m50 back please save yourself the anger and dont get the DE M50 it wont be consistan for anything further than 25m, bearing in mind the engagment rule is normaly 20m it is far from long range sniper
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xiosis View Post
                              I had a JG Bar 10, but I think mine was a lemon, Lots of problems with it from the start... Imported it too so couldnt send it back. But to awnser the compatibility question, Yes it will accept VSR upgrade parts, as the BAR is a Clone of the TM VSR.

They are great out of the box, the only thing I would suggest doing is buying a couple extra sears as these will go first in 90% of the guns I have seen.

I also had a AGM MP001, that was an awsome gun, very accurate, loved it. Will probally be getting another when I can find one. 410FPS out the box and was out ranging most things on my site other than the upgraded boys. The most accurate gun I've owned too! other than my SPR... which is heavily upgraded.

Steve
                              Are the AGM MP001 the rifles that are only about £90??

I always thought that they wouldnt be that good due to the small price tag.

Cheers for all the info.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spartacus When I am not leading my fellow slaves in an uprising against the Roman republic my main hobbies are airsoft and motorbikes. Find out more about spartacus
                              Working...
                              X