Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPA rigs

helloo everyone

I recently got a we m4 gbbr and have been having great fun with it, however the mags are turning out to be a bit of a pan in the arse with all the filling time, power variation and cooldown so my question to all you smart experienced peoples is how would i run an hpa rig through this?
    I have NO experience with hpa so i need to know the basics, cost, use, advantages and disadvantages and are hpa rigs interchangeable between different guns?

thanks in advance
    "They've got us surrounded again the poor bastards"
    sigpic

Re: HPA rigs

you need to check out classic airsoft forum
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Hmm where do I find that? Link?
      sigpic

Comment

Google it. But be warned for me the site is down currently. Otherwise talk to a pantball shop about air tanks and lines, we are not allowed to mention other companies here which in this case is realy frustrating as very few places in the world deal with HPA rig parts and i dont know of anyone in the UK.

Be warned that alot of sites are very funny about HPA, they are very easy to change the fps on by alot (even easier than most GBBs).
        https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

I have to say if you have no idea about HPA or rigs I would avoid getting one.They can be potentially very dangerous if you don't know what your doing with them.Its a lot of pressure to be messing with if you have no clue.

I don't think a rig would be an ideal set up for a gas in mag rifle unless its bolt action either, you will have to disconnect from the mag every time you change mag which will be a lot more time consuming. If you want an HPA powered rifle have a look at the polar star PR15's though there not blowback.
          user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

I keep looking at the Polar Star engines but im awaiting a good review before spending my hard earned cash on one.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

Right,
              Thanks for all the info guys, you have been a great help.
              Does not look like I will be getting one as with such a limited mag capacity changing round seems like a lot of work and to bulky to easily carry round
              Thanks again
              sigpic

Comment

If you want a GBB and HPA then get a Daytonagun. Better recoil than a Gas in the mag GBB and so easy to maintain.

A guy above said that the fps is easy to adjust on a HPA gun, and that is wrong. For a Daytonagun the fps will only be able to change if you changed the spring in the buffer tube, just changing the HPA input doesn't really change the fps much. For a Polar star you need to change the nozzle to change fps.

Comment

The daytona gun may be different but i doubt it. With a bolt action or p* running a rig its very easy to change the fps, by adjusting the psi higher.
                  For example all the p* nozzles are at rated fps for 120psi(i think) but the first gen box can handle upto 200psi,and the new ones even higher.
                  This is the exact reason paint ballers have to use tournament locks, which stop the psi being changed mid game.

With a p* you can also change the poppet valve timing to allow more air through,buy using the control unit.This has been more of an issue than changing regs, as people put them high and crono with a .2g bb, then start using a .3g bb to play.As the value is opened more it allows more air out each shot and if this is more than the barrel length the bb is excelerated all the way out, so using a heavier bb give a lot higher fps.(this is true for all gas rifles though).places have started making them croon in jules using the weight they play with.
                  user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Interesting, I do not understand how a heavier bb could achieve a higher fps, higher power yes as it spends more tome in the barrel. Explain?
                    sigpic

Comment

higher power=higher fps. Essentially the longer time spent in the barrel = more work done by the gas as it expands = more power (kinetic energy) = more muzzle velocity (fps)
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The Polar Star gearboxes and guns have, so far, been extremely reliable. I am fortunate in that I live near their office, and so they not only field a lot of P* equipped players, but a lot of local players also have them. One player even mods the P* gearboxes into anything he can.

The normal setup is to have a tank in your pack on your plate carrier or backpack. You then run the line along with your hydration tube. Some players also run a fill-line extension so they can fill up without taking the tank out. I have only seen this with players that choose to carry one of the small tanks.

Connection is a straightforward air line connection. There is a short length of tube that sticks out from the bottom of the grip and if you do not like that there is a kit to mod it so that the connector begins flush with the bottom of the grip.

As for consistency, so far, the P* guns have stable FPS at temperatures ranging fro 45F to 85F, as we saw this last weekend at a 24 hour op in the mountains. There is also no cool-down as is associated with the GBBR's.

At the same op, the P* guys had their M240B out, as well as their V3 AK, which is still in the prototype stage (but has been so for most of the year...) The M249 and M240B gearboxes are available already - no word on the V3. I asked about putting the V3 into an MP5K (I even offered to give them an MP5K to put it in) but they didn't think it would be so easy. They were wondering where the ECU would go.

They are also working on a blowback version of the V2 gearbox but I do not know when that is scheduled for release.

As for the performance, however, the P* is on par with a PTW, but is more resilient in wet and damp weather and it literally fires after being submerged - which happened accidentally on a boat insertion mission. The drawback is, of course, you would have to have the tank and hose. The guys who run the P* say they don't even notice it is there because they also have a sling connected to the gun, but it would come down to personal taste.

Comment

whats the smallest tank you can use,id rather have a 1litre tank,or something that can fire about 1000 rounds
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Okay, again with the heavier bbs being higher fps, I know how a bb achieves slightly higher kinetic energy, but this does not mean higher fps, and none of the reaserch I have done suggests that this could be the case
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chas Find out more about Chas
                            Working...
                            X