How To Trim Down A Tightbore Barrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To Trim Down A Tightbore Barrell

What about using a lathe, clamping it in the chuck, Using the part off tool and cut or face(face off tool) to length then use a counter sink to give it an inside chamfer :P

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

marker pen and a hack saw.

You'd be better with a dremel or small saw and perhaps something to file the cut down so its smoother.
      SAVE OUR SPORT
      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

as far as i know the madbull is parralell bore so cutting down wont be a problem as long as cut square and recrowned properly
        m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
          as far as i know the madbull is parralell bore so cutting down wont be a problem as long as cut square and recrowned properly
          IE so long as you precision machine it.
          /9 out.

Comment

use a small bore pipe cutter to cut it then use a small ball stone in a dremmel to crown it. Follow this up with a pointed polishing pad (ala dremmel) and some polishing compound. This works on all parallel brass and steel barrels BUT madbulls are coated and made of ally so please do not consider cutting it as you'll bugger up the end when all the coating comes off. Just put it up for swaps on the many forums out there. This is what i did with my 650mm MB version 2 barrel as it was too long for the cylinder that i had.

my 2p

K_K

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheShizzNizz Find out more about TheShizzNizz
            Working...
            X