Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all You Vietnam Chaps

Evening!

Righto straight to the point i've done eastern load outs to death & ready for a change. VERY fond of my Stoner '63 and well, taking up the opportunity of a SEALS impression.

Now i've done a LITTLE bit of digging but you guys know best.

The few questions i've got are;

What options of Camo are there other than tiger stripe.
    accurate webbing? m56?
    did SEALS ever wear a 'lid or just a bandana?

please appreciate i know absolutely NOWT about this era or its equipment so all knowledge is more than welcome.

Cheers Chaps!

Shrew
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Re: Calling all You Vietnam Chaps

hi mate pop over http://s6.zetaboards.com/vietnamairsoft/index/ for uk namsoft forum you willl learn so much
    After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

Cheers very much!
      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

go NVA, all you need is some black PJ's, some flip-flops and a straw hat ;-)

Comment

Hey pal,

You can do alsorts.

ERDL Jacket and trousers, ERDL Jacket and Levis, OG 107's sprayed up in a tiger stripe pattern (ISH) or again OG's but with black dye..

Head wear from seals - AFAIK lids were not the norm and bandannas where favoured. Or you have the option of getting a boonie - cutting down the brim and putting a pocket on the top (slightly bigger than a fag packet).

Alot of seals did use that method on headwear.

Load bearing equipment - usual you see is m56 mixed with 67 and a stabo rig. Unless you have £10,000 knocking about and patience of finding one you can buy a Seal flotation combat vest. Or if your good with a needle and thread you can Replicate one!
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Parky
          Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Thank you muchly thats great!

glad im not having to fork out for a lid, can easily find a boonie about. Also finding plenty of m56 webbing so may build up around that initially. ERDL seems to be alot less readily available than TS.

First on the list has to be some cam cream & a haircut

Comment

No worries, been collecting for many many years!

ERDL new set repro from Soldier of fortune...THE best repro set..

Dont need a hair cut, they had mullets!

Lazy speshul forces!
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Parky
              Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

how have i never heard of SOF o.O

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Discoshrew Find out more about Discoshrew
                Working...
                X